Archived Topic

Romney Speculation

by Ddawg · 12/30/2014

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Deseret News -

"Mitt Romney eyeing presidential run in 2016, longtime friend says"



Published: Monday, Dec. 29 2014 5:45 p.m. MST

Updated: 13 hours ago



SALT LAKE CITY — Mitt Romney is eyeing a third run for the White House and will get in the race in the coming months if he doesn't like how the GOP field is looking, his longtime friend Kem Gardner said Monday.



"I know exactly what Mitt's going to do," Gardner, a real estate developer who helped bring Romney to Utah to lead the 2002 Winter Olympics, told the Deseret News. "I think over the next few months, a lot of things will happen."



But Spencer Zwick, who raised $1 billion for Romney's 2012 campaign, said the decision is a personal one for Romney and isn't going to be dependent on how any other Republican in the race is doing.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865618629/Mitt-Romney-eyeing-presidential-run-in-2016-longtime-friend-says.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
snoscythe
It's gunna happen.
S
Screamineagle
I like Mitt Romney but I worry this will not end well
N
nuk13
I'm less enthused this time around. I have questions. He caved in the second debate with obama and I don't know why. He also backed the governor and representative (in Idaho) that I think should go home. I don't know why he didn't back the guy that ran against the governor. I met him and am impressed. Why did Romney back some one other than the establishment people?



I'm not saying I won't vote for him, I'd vote for anybody that runs against who the media is saying the dems are running, but I'd like some answers.
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
It's gunna happen.

Mongo sez - "Me want Romney to run, run hard, and win."
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
nuk13 wrote:

I have questions. He caved in the second debate with obama and I don't know why.

His campaign manager and handlers gave him bad advice. Romney didn't cave. He was so dominant in the 1st debate, he was advised to back off - to present a softer image to women and moderate voters. It was bad advice.



I sincerely hope Romney runs again. I also sincerely hope he gets a different campaign manager. The last one was a dilwad.
M
Mars


Unless his VP is hispanic, this contest is over before it began.



He needs to give away free cell phones and promise to reward illegal immigration.
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:


Unless his VP is hispanic, this contest is over before it began.



He needs to give away free cell phones and promise to reward illegal immigration.


How about a black female for VP? Condoleezza Rice. Impeccable record. A stellar debater.
M
Mars
Ddawg wrote:
How about a black female for VP? Condoleezza Rice. Impeccable record. A stellar debater.

I've heard people mention Mia Love. I dunno. There are a lot more hispanics in this country that the Republicans need to win over in my opinion.
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:
How about a black female for VP? Condoleezza Rice. Impeccable record. A stellar debater.

I've heard people mention Mia Love. I dunno. There are a lot more hispanics in this country that the Republicans need to win over in my opinion.


I like Mia Love. He star is rising - but she needs time. She does not have the chops for a VP spot in the "Big Show". It would be Sarah Palin all over again. The national liberal MSM would lay traps and ambushes for Mia.



I agree we need to win the Hispanics over. The question is, which Hispanic politician would be a good VP choice? I like Marco Rubio - but - have reservations.



Ahhh politics ...... ;)
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
No way Romney takes another Mormon as his VP candidate, especially one from Utah.
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
No way Romney takes another Mormon as his VP candidate, especially one from Utah.


That's an excellent point. It's so obvious - I didn't even consider the "two Mormon's comin' at ya" talking point. That would sent the liberal MSM into an apoplectic rage. :lol: :lol: If we got lucky, they'd stroke out while hurling fabricated aspersions. Not that lucky. :whistle:
S
Schmoe
Over the past several years, I've become a huge Trey Gowdy fan. And, although I think he is probably more valuable in other capacities, he's a bulldog with integrity and would make a great running mate.
D
Ddawg
Schmoe wrote:
Over the past several years, I've become a huge Trey Gowdy fan. And, although I think he is probably more valuable in other capacities, he's a bulldog with integrity and would make a great running mate.


Agree big time. Trey Gowdy is a "throw-back". He understands the Constitution, follows the law, defends and follows both the law and the Constitution - and makes no apologies for it. What a novel concept.
S
snoscythe
My only complaint about Gowdy is that he looks too much like this good ol' boy from the MWC hoops days:



http://images.cbssports.com/u/photos/basketball/college/img10048609.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Nothing against Steve McClain or Gowdy, but McClain did tend to look and act like a bit of a nutter, so every time I see a picture or video of Gowdy, my first thought, purely by association with his similarity to McClain is, "Hey, there's a nutter."



Probably not an issue outside of the MWC footprint, though. :wink:
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:
My only complaint about Gowdy is that he looks too much like this good ol' boy from the MWC hoops days:



http://images.cbssports.com/u/photos/basketball/college/img10048609.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Nothing against Steve McClain or Gowdy, but McClain did tend to look and act like a bit of a nutter, so every time I see a picture or video of Gowdy, my first thought, purely by association with his similarity to McClain is, "Hey, there's a nutter."



Probably not an issue outside of the MWC footprint, though. :wink:

Or within the MWC footprint to be perfectly honest. ;)
B
BoiseBYU
snoscythe wrote:
No way Romney takes another Mormon as his VP candidate, especially one from Utah.

So you're saying Harry Reid ought not submit a resume? 8)
D
Ddawg
BoiseBYU wrote:
No way Romney takes another Mormon as his VP candidate, especially one from Utah.

So you're saying Harry Reid ought not submit a resume? 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
S
stuckinbig10country
In the end, I don't think he runs. There are too many people entering the race to begin with, and he hated that part of it last time.



Also, I don't think it matters. The democrats have too many states "in the bag", including many of the more populous states. With CA, CT, DE, HI, IL, MD, MA, MI, MN, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, WA, WI, and DC already in the bag, Democrats have 238 EC votes locked up. The only need 32 more votes from the other 33 states. If recently left leaning FL goes democrat, they need 3 more EC votes from 32 states. It's a pretty safe bet they pick up at least 1 from ME (more likely at least 2, if not all 4), and the election is over.



This doesn't count recently leaning left states OH, VA, and IA. (With those counted, including all of ME, the dems have 308 EC votes)



If Republicans can't turn FL, OH, VA and one or more of the following (PA, MI, MN, WI - All of whom have had recent republican governors, 2 of which don't right now) it's over before it even starts. And that's hoping the GOP doesn't lose NC, GA, and KS over the next 2 years.



As long as Hilary Clinton or Elizabeth Warren or whoever Obama throws his brilliant campaigning staff and skills behind (watch for Eric Holder here) don't come out and flat out say they're socialists (even though they are), they'll win pretty easily.
S
Schmoe
It's not so much that states are suddenly leaning more left than they have in the past, it's that Chicago politics have been introduced on the national level and voter fraud runs rampant. Voter ID's need to happen if we the people are ever to take back control of our country.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.