Archived Topic

Will this take some focus off our brawl?

by Schmoe · 12/30/2014

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls14/story/_/id/12094295/texas-aggies-student-assistant-coach-michael-richardson-banned-locker-room-hitting-two-west-virginia-mountaineers-players" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



"Texas A&M student assistant coach Michael Richardson was sent home early from the Aggies' appearance in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl after hitting West Virginia players...He used his elbow to strike Mountaineer cornerback Daryl Worley in the back of the head and shoved running back Andrew Buie in another incident."



Wow, just wow.
S
SpiffCoug
Yeah, he won't be an assistant this time next week.
S
scott715
Or the rest of his life.
S
snoscythe
Unless there's video, no way it distracts from the Memphis kerfuffle.
B
BoiseBYU
Schmoe wrote:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls14/story/_/id/12094295/texas-aggies-student-assistant-coach-michael-richardson-banned-locker-room-hitting-two-west-virginia-mountaineers-players



"Texas A&M student assistant coach Michael Richardson was sent home early from the Aggies' appearance in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl after hitting West Virginia players...He used his elbow to strike Mountaineer cornerback Daryl Worley in the back of the head and shoved running back Andrew Buie in another incident."



Wow, just wow.


Wow indeed but no. Memphis has a bunch of thugs hellbent on beating the crap out of Koroma. We had some guys come to aid and also retaliate and ESPN has more angles than a rhombus. So we are still in the Spotlight methinks, sadly.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Not even close. What Boise said. Take away Kai's succor punch and BYU doesn't look as bad. Oh well.
V
vrob
I just really hope that the BYU admin has some courage and shows that they'll get Koroma's back. Otherwise, what do the players think...that they can defend their "brothers" who are attacked by thugs but their admin/coaches will throw them under the bus? Can't be good for recruiting either.
C
Cougs_Rule
Never mind the BYU admin--unless you meant to include the BoT as part of that admin, with Elder Nelson being one of the biggest influences--oh and who, by the way, was present at last nights Bball game. Coincidence? I hope so.
H
HoosierCougar
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Not even close. What Boise said. Take away Kai's succor punch and BYU doesn't look as bad. Oh well.


Oh, this is a relief! With all the chatter, I thought Nacua had thrown a sucker punch, which everyone knows is a cheap shot and taboo. I'm so relieved to know it was a succor punch, and he was looking to provide aid in a time of distress or hardship. This better fits the narrative that he was just helping Koroma who had been shoved and then jumped.



Whew!

;)
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
Unless there's video, no way it distracts from the Memphis kerfuffle.


You didn't actually click the link, did you? :D
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Maybe I'm living under a rock, but how much focus has there really been on this? I've had a couple of people raz me about it at church... no one has mentioned it at work, and I haven't seen anythig other than some ESPN blurbs out there the day of the game. Is this something that is bigger in Utah than out of it, because there are Utes who just got a Christmas preasent early or something?
S
Schmoe
I've noticed it mentioned at some point on almost all the bowl games I've watched, and I have all bowl season off work, so that's quite a few.
S
snoscythe
Schmoe wrote:
Unless there's video, no way it distracts from the Memphis kerfuffle.


You didn't actually click the link, did you? :D


Almost never do! :whistle:
A
ABYUFAN
Schmoe wrote:
I've noticed it mentioned at some point on almost all the bowl games I've watched, and I have all bowl season off work, so that's quite a few.

I have to admit, I've watched 1 bowl game this off season, and they didn't mention anythng about it untill after the second overtime had ended ;)



A mention here or there during a bowl game I can live with, no other stories are going around about it though, it really is a bigger deal to the fan bases; Nacua will appropreatly be suspended a game or so, and otherwise it will be an afterthought to all but the haters of the two teams. Utes will be talking about it for the next twenty years, which is funny - because this was easily their best year in the Pac 12 and the most talked about thing for them will be a fight involviong a "mid major" team that they didn't even play this year.
M
Mars


There are times when I wonder why Bronco seems to force out good kids, like Joshua "Juice" Quezada, Dallin Leavitt, and O'Neill Chambers, but supports thugs like Stout, Hadley, and Nacua. He's lost the "good guy" card in my book. He also turns his nose up frequently at good local kids, like Asiata, Murphy, Tonga, and most recently the super-talented HS LB (Guston?), and even when he doesn't many of them don't want him as their coach, since he can't help put them into the NFL. His players are cheap-shot artists that like to fight and constantly play undisciplined football, continually hitting the QB late, hitting out of bounds, pulling on the facemask, etc. It's gotten old. Then he talks about winning the National Championship while cancelling practices for movies, tubing the river, and slip-n-slides, over-rates his team every season, under-prepares, can't prepare worth crap for in-state rivalry games, and is rarely ready for bowl games either. People are tired of it.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.