Archived Topic

Bronco 1 of the top 5 coaches

by hawkwing · 12/29/2014

Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
Brady Poppinga has always loved him some Bronco...
C
Cougs_Rule
Good for Brady. He must be taking more hits than just the very unreliable and fickle social media.
S
Sammich
I lived next to Brady when he was playing for BYU, and when he talked about Bronco it was one part fear and three parts frustration (he probably respected him some also, but that wasn't the part he talked about). If he has so much love and respect for Bronco now, he has gained it with time and perspective and while playing in the NFL.
G
Guest
Sammich wrote:
I lived next to Brady when he was playing for BYU, and when he talked about Bronco it was one part fear and three parts frustration (he probably respected him some also, but that wasn't the part he talked about). If he has so much love and respect for Bronco now, he has gained it with time and perspective and while playing in the NFL.


Sometimes you don't know how good you have it until you see what the other side of the fence is really like.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
All I can say is all you guys pining for Mark Atuia or kwit can just take a gander at this article.
S
Screamineagle
Whether he is top 5 or not name me someone else who would handle the special requirements(Missions,honor code Firesides,players with families etc.) of coaching at BYU like Bronco has.No one will because there isn't one.Bronco has bought the mission of BYU football and sold it to his team and I respect him and appreciate him for this.It will be a sad day when he is no longer here.
N
nickdutson
A top 5 coach that can't seem to get his team up for the rival more often than not...
B
Brayden Green
This is laughable. I like Bronco and Brady, but top 5 coaches in pro and college don't get beat by San Jose St, Utah St, and their chief in state rival 4 years straight, 5 out of last 7, and 7 out of 10 overall.



Bronco is an elite defensive mind, and a good head coach. I don't understand the need to stretch thr truth way beyond where it fits.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
BlueIsBetter wrote:
This is laughable. I like Bronco and Brady, but top 5 coaches in pro and college don't get beat by San Jose St, Utah St, and their chief in state rival 4 years straight, 5 out of last 7, and 7 out of 10 overall.



Bronco is an elite defensive mind, and a good head coach. I don't understand the need to stretch thr truth way beyond where it fits.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Brian Urlacher and Brady Poppinga's opinion or Nick Duston and BlueIsBetter.



Now I don't know who to believe! ;) :lol: :love:
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
hawkwing wrote:
This is laughable. I like Bronco and Brady, but top 5 coaches in pro and college don't get beat by San Jose St, Utah St, and their chief in state rival 4 years straight, 5 out of last 7, and 7 out of 10 overall.



Bronco is an elite defensive mind, and a good head coach. I don't understand the need to stretch thr truth way beyond where it fits.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Brian Urlacher and Brady Poppinga's opinion or Nick Duston and BlueIsBetter.



Now I don't know who to believe! ;) :lol: :love:


Start a poll: Is Bronco one of the top 5 coaches in the NFL or NCAA? You will find that it is according to a lot of people. Especially those that use data as a point of reference.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
nickdutson
hawkwing wrote:
This is laughable. I like Bronco and Brady, but top 5 coaches in pro and college don't get beat by San Jose St, Utah St, and their chief in state rival 4 years straight, 5 out of last 7, and 7 out of 10 overall.



Bronco is an elite defensive mind, and a good head coach. I don't understand the need to stretch thr truth way beyond where it fits.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Brian Urlacher and Brady Poppinga's opinion or Nick Duston and BlueIsBetter.



Now I don't know who to believe! ;) :lol: :love:
blue stated facts you gave an opinion. I'll go with blue because it's like arguing with my 4 year old with you.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Okay Brady Popp, that means Bronco is better than at least 14 of the following coaches. I'd like to see him to identify some of them. Note that this is just a list of head coaches, and there are definitely some coordinators I would have zero hesitation in saying were better coaches than Bronco.



Bill Belichek

Art Bryles

Pete Carroll

Tom Coughlin

John Fox

John Gruden

Jim Harbaugh

John Harbaugh

Bryan Kelly

Chip Kelly

Urban Meyer

Les Miles

Sean Payton

Andy Reid

Nick Saban

Bill Snyder

Bob Stoops

Mike Tomlin



Let's not forget that Brady also campaigned for Barack Obama, so he hasn't shown great judgment in leaders in the past. ;)



I'm fine with people saying Bronco is a great coach, or saying he's a perfect fit for BYU and it's unique restrictions and aims. I agree with both of those opinions. Saying he is a top five head coach at any level is a stretch, especially from a guy who (1) never played under Bronco when Bronco was a head coach, and (2) from a guy who only played under 5 head coaches in his combined NCAA and NFL career.
G
Guest
nickdutson wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:
This is laughable. I like Bronco and Brady, but top 5 coaches in pro and college don't get beat by San Jose St, Utah St, and their chief in state rival 4 years straight, 5 out of last 7, and 7 out of 10 overall.



Bronco is an elite defensive mind, and a good head coach. I don't understand the need to stretch thr truth way beyond where it fits.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Brian Urlacher and Brady Poppinga's opinion or Nick Duston and BlueIsBetter.



Now I don't know who to believe! ;) :lol: :love:
blue stated facts you gave an opinion. I'll go with blue because it's like arguing with my 4 year old with you.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Actually, if your reading comprehension were not at your 4 year old's level you might have noticed that I have not made a single argument supporting Bronco as a top 5 coach of all time, I've merely posted a link to an article that states he is, that doesn't make it my opinion.
N
nickdutson
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
This is laughable. I like Bronco and Brady, but top 5 coaches in pro and college don't get beat by San Jose St, Utah St, and their chief in state rival 4 years straight, 5 out of last 7, and 7 out of 10 overall.



Bronco is an elite defensive mind, and a good head coach. I don't understand the need to stretch thr truth way beyond where it fits.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Brian Urlacher and Brady Poppinga's opinion or Nick Duston and BlueIsBetter.



Now I don't know who to believe! ;) :lol: :love:
blue stated facts you gave an opinion. I'll go with blue because it's like arguing with my 4 year old with you.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Actually, if your reading comprehension were not at your 4 year old's level you might have noticed that I have not made a single argument supporting Bronco as a top 5 coach of all time, I've merely posted a link to an article that states he is, that doesn't make it my opinion.

Keep bringing the cowardly insults and not answer any of the questions other posters have asked. You are now backing away from your original stance because you can't find anybody to agree with you. What was meant by your last statement?



"Brian Urlacher and Brady Poppinga's opinion or Nick Duston and BlueIsBetter. Now I don't know who to believe!"



Sounds like you agree with Brady and Brian. Please explain your sarcasm and who you stand with.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.