Archived Topic

Trent Trammell Transferring Too!

by snoscythe · 12/12/2014

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Supposedly Bronco doesn't know of any other guys transferring out, so it's Collie, Kearsley, Leavitt, and Trammell.



Ouch for the secondary's depth.
S
snoscythe
Leavitt and Collie have been granted unconditional releases and Trammell is graduating and therefore doesn't need a release.



Bronco won't release Kearsley til he catches up academically, which at first I thought was a petty move, but the more I think about it, the more I like it and the message it sends to academic slackers.
S
Stirfry
I should be more concerned then I am but after how our DB's performed this year, when they were supposed to be much above the BYU average, I'm strangely ok with it. (Cue the argument that we didn't get any pressure on the QB's (cue the following argument on semantics that our D-line isn't supposed to get pressure))



I can't remember this many guys that received playing time leaving though.
S
stuckinbig10country
snoscythe wrote:
Leavitt and Collie have been granted unconditional releases and Trammell is graduating and therefore doesn't need a release.



Bronco won't release Kearsley til he catches up academically, which at first I thought was a petty move, but the more I think about it, the more I like it and the message it sends to academic slackers.


And even this is to help Kearsley so he can get financial aid while he has to sit out at his next university. If he transfers without being academically released from the university, he can't get financial aid.
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
It doesn't do an good to have players that are not motivated to be there. There is no irreplaceable man. We'll just plug in some more good players with those scholarships either from the JC ranks or with new recruits. It's not like any of them were KVN, Ansah, Austin Collie, etc.
B
byucougar1
Leavit was beat out by Povey (more assignment sound) and Harvey Jackson got more of his minutes as the season progressed. Kearsley is an academic casualty that had trouble keepin up with homework and rigors of BYU academics. Trammel could never make it onto the field as Davis and Preator progressed nicely as season wore on. Collie would have had to beat out Dye and the H-back twin from TX who is a better version of JD Falslev. There are some good players that were being recruited that now can have offer given. Win - win for BYU as they get players that will likely be more or as talented and hopefully can contribute immediately.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Leavitt and Collie have been granted unconditional releases and Trammell is graduating and therefore doesn't need a release.



Bronco won't release Kearsley til he catches up academically, which at first I thought was a petty move, but the more I think about it, the more I like it and the message it sends to academic slackers.


And even this is to help Kearsley so he can get financial aid while he has to sit out at his next university. If he transfers without being academically released from the university, he can't get financial aid.

And if Kearsley transfer without being academically eligible to play, then BYU takes a hit on their APR (graduation rate) which the Cougars were flirting with previously on losing scholarships.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.