Archived Topic

Dylan Collie Transferring to Hawaii Post-Mission

by snoscythe · 12/9/2014

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Wow. Gotta say that one blows my mind--a true-blue family member opts out of BYU after his mission.



Then again, the offense BYU has fielded the last few seasons doesn't necessarily make WRs excited to come play here where they get to block downfield for Taysom/Riley/etc.
E
EM_Puma
There's got to be a whole lot more to the story. We've only got the bottom line. Sad though and you have to wonder why he'd want to go to a team that has really sucked the last few years.
E
EM_Puma
Jay Drew in regular form, "Will be interesting to see if Bronco releases Collie to UHi so he can be put on scholarship his 1st year after UH wouldn't release Wadsworth"



Come on Jay. I know you had to say that to represent the Trib, but is there any doubt? Bronco has always released players if their desire is to go elsewhere. He's one of the few that really understands that football is about the athlete and that you have to walk that walk if you talk the talk.
F
Fido
Stephen Tsai @StephenTsai

Dylan Collie returns from mission on Dec. 18; will join Warriors on Jan. 12. Father Scott Collie played for Chow. #hawaiifb #BYUFootball

Retweeted by Jason Shepherd
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Umm...maybe he just wants to live in Hawaii for free?
B
BYUBALLIN
Interesting considering they have made mention of shutting down the program..good luck
F
Fido
And I thought it was always BYU that was accused of poaching other missionaries while they were still "serving". I hope for his sake that he doesn't transfer to play for Chow and then have Chow get canned. Didn't they just oust their AD (or are about to)?
G
Guest
Seems like a couple steps down. I guess that's all Collie thought he could compete with.
S
stgeorgefan
ugh..... I'm going to keep an eye on Britain Covey and Gabe Reid. If those two legacy players don't come to the Y mixed with a legacy player transferring after a mission, than I am going to have some alarms going off.

We can't snag all the legacy players but potentially losing out on 3 for 2015.... To me it stinks of something bad.
Advertisement
C
CrimsonCoug
Wow. I was just wondering about him. That seems completely out of the blue, especially considering that he was at the fireside before the BYU-UVA game last year in Charlottesville, Virginia. Bronco pointed him out, and I think he even gave a prayer or a small talk or something. I thought it was a nice, appropriate way for Bronco to continue to connect with his players even while they were missionaries.

I talked to him a bit afterward, he seemed all BYU. He was laughing and joking around with the other players.

Something happened.



With all of the other news of people transferring, it's like the rats abandoning the ship before it goes down. I wonder: Is there something more to the rumors of Bronco leaving??
S
stuckinbig10country
The Collie's have a big problem with Robert Anae.



Britain Covey, Gabe Reid, and Empey have many, many more options than their father's/brother's did. Guaranteed 2 of those 3 don't end up at BYU and it's likely that BYU goes 0-3 on them. Reid is the likeliest to go to BYU.



The change in the coaching situation at Timpview is not a good one for BYU. I fear the one at Bingham will be equally as bad.
G
Gunk
stuckinbig10country wrote:
The Collie's have a big problem with Robert Anae.


Why? Austin Collie flourished under Anae.
S
stuckinbig10country
Gunk wrote:
The Collie's have a big problem with Robert Anae.


Why? Austin Collie flourished under Anae.


The Zac Collie quote goes something like, "he did about as well as you can do running only 4 types of routes."



I agree with you, Gunk, but for some reason they (Zac, Austin, their father) felt that Anae was holding him back in some way. It's one of the reasons Austin left early.
G
Gunk
stuckinbig10country wrote:
stuckinbig10country wrote:
The Collie's have a big problem with Robert Anae.


Why? Austin Collie flourished under Anae.


The Zac Collie quote goes something like, "he did about as well as you can do running only 4 types of routes."



I agree with you, Gunk, but for some reason they (Zac, Austin, their father) felt that Anae was holding him back in some way. It's one of the reasons Austin left early.


Austin always seemed to have a bit of cockiness.



You're a WR. You basically either run in a straight line, run and make a turn or on ocassion run and make two turns.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
Gunk wrote:
Gunk wrote:
The Collie's have a big problem with Robert Anae.


Why? Austin Collie flourished under Anae.


The Zac Collie quote goes something like, "he did about as well as you can do running only 4 types of routes."



I agree with you, Gunk, but for some reason they (Zac, Austin, their father) felt that Anae was holding him back in some way. It's one of the reasons Austin left early.


Austin always seemed to have a bit of cockiness.



You're a WR. You basically either run in a straight line, run and make a turn or on ocassion run and make two turns.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Did Dylan commit when Doman was the O.C.? I have a hard time believing that they had issues with Anae's offense when he got Austin 5 years in the NFL which was only stunted due to the Colts OC running him a 5th route that took his head off.



Doman could have inserted that 5th route. Just ask Ross Apo.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.