Archived Topic

What if......

by frdbtr · 11/30/2014

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
I know that it is tough to play the what if game, but if the BYU Defense doesn't blow that lead at UCF IMO, this team is 10-2 right now. When BYU blew that lead at UCF, something broke, and it took them until Middle Tennessee to recover. I don't think they blow the lead against Nevada, and maybe don't fall completely apart against boise state (of course I don't think they win that game no matter what). All of you who want to put every loss on Robert Anae need to look and realize that the offense has averaged just as many points with Christian Stewart at QB as it did with Taysom hill (and incidentally Taysom had Jamaal Williams as well). I think the offensive coaches have done a phenomenal job since we lost our 2 best players on the team. I know 8-4 isn't what we all hoped for but stuff happens. I am proud of what the coaches have done this year with the adversity that they have had to deal with.
B
Brayden Green
Yeah, there is a definite similarity between Texas and Virginia, and Savanah State and Middle Tennessee State, so it is fair to make that comparison :roll:



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Yeah, there is a definite similarity between Texas and Virginia, and Savanah State and Middle Tennessee State, so it is fair to make that comparison :roll:



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Boise state was better than texas or Virginia. UCF and Nevada are as good as Texas and Virginia. If it weren't for the defense, BYU wins UCF and Nevada. I don't think the second half of the schedule (with the exception of Savannah state) was any easier than the first half.
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:
Yeah, there is a definite similarity between Texas and Virginia, and Savanah State and Middle Tennessee State, so it is fair to make that comparison :roll:



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Boise state was better than texas or Virginia. UCF and Nevada are as good as Texas and Virginia. If it weren't for the defense, BYU wins UCF and Nevada. I don't think the second half of the schedule (with the exception of Savannah state) was any easier than the first half.

Those first 4 teams were nearly as tough as their P5 (-Houston) names suggest.
H
HoosierCougar
Given the results of the season, I think the message BYU needs to emphasize is that we played 4 P5 teams and beat them all (3 on the road).



To anyone who argues that those were the dregs of the P5, the response is "that's who other P5s play".
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
I agree that if we had beat UCF we would have finished 10-2 and been ranked.



the season depended on us getting that win at ucf. that was the end of the season when we lost that game.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.