Archived Topic

College Football Top 4

by byufan4ever · 11/24/2014

Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
My hope is Fl St, Ohio St., Oregon, and SEC team. If OSU could jump Ms St and TCU/Baylor for the fourth spot that will put huge pressure on B12 to have a championship game. Of course they could throw a loop and end up getting an exception to have it with only 10 teams.

BTW Big 12 how's that one true champion working out? Most likely a shared championship in year one. And had Baylor not slipped at WV but instead lost to KSU it would have been a real mess. That would have been ideal as three would have ended on top with the one loss to one of the other leaders. Maybe next year :D



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stuckinbig10country
I don't think that the other 4 P5 conferences will ever give the Big 12 permission to have a conference championship game with less than 12 teams. The Big 10 and the Pac 10 tried multiple times for that, and finally had to expand to get the championship game.



I went Alabama, Oregon, Florida State, and TCU.



Alabama's 1 loss is looking less good as the weeks go on (Ole Miss getting shut out at Arkansas isn't a good look).



Oregon's 1 loss is still looking good (maybe a 10-2 team).



Florida State is undefeated. That should mean more that it's getting credit for.



TCU's lone loss was on the road to another top 10 team. I give them the nod over Baylor, even with the head to head, because they played a tougher non-con schedule and beat the team that beat Baylor. Granted, they looked awful against Kansas.



Ohio State shouldn't be considered due to their home loss by multiple TD's to 4-6 VT.
S
Schmoe
imuakahuku wrote:

BTW Big 12 how's that one true champion working out? Most likely a shared championship in year one. And had Baylor not slipped at WV but instead lost to KSU it would have been a real mess. That would have been ideal as three would have ended on top with the one loss to one of the other leaders. Maybe next year :D



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGvAiotDdrA



Then read this: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11964184/big-12-present-tcu-baylor-co-champions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Too funny! :P
S
scott715
I don't think this move will work out well for them. Good for them. They need a championship game. Baylor wins next week against KSU and perhaps moves above TCU in the rankings.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
If TCU or Baylor make it to playoff, BYU can kiss goodbye their chance at a Big12 invite.

I have almost conceded that being a mid to cellar dweller in the Big 12 is slightly better than being back in the MWC. But I feel some serious crow coming on for TH for calling out MWC for being mediocre, bc I really don't see a Big 12 invite.

But TCU probably deserves a spot. But how do they leave out Baylor who beat them? That totally trumps TCU beating the team that beat Baylor.

I love that OSU is out of it. The only thing that make it better is if FSU loses the chump game and gets left out also.
S
Stirfry
Cougs_Rule wrote:
If TCU or Baylor make it to playoff, BYU can kiss goodbye their chance at a Big12 invite.

I have almost conceded that being a mid to cellar dweller in the Big 12 is slightly better than being back in the MWC. But I feel some serious crow coming on for TH for calling out MWC for being mediocre, bc I really don't see a Big 12 invite.

But TCU probably deserves a spot. But how do they leave out Baylor who beat them? That totally trumps TCU beating the team that beat Baylor.

I love that OSU is out of it. The only thing that make it better is if FSU loses the chump game and gets left out also.


TCU and Baylor both making it would be awesome I think. The other conferences would freak out and put outside pressure on the Big12 to expand. That would be more powerful then them missing the nonplayoff playoff. If they miss out they still get to share their huge money including the 9 teams that wouldn't have been in the playoff. The other conferences need to force it to happen.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.