Archived Topic

Observations from the game...

by AmmonCougar1 · 11/23/2014

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
In no particular order of importance. I took my family 6, 11 yr old girls and 14, 17 & 17 yr old boys and my wife. For my daughters it was their first experience at LES. We went at 11a because we had a chance with the Cosmo Club to go do some stuff in the So. Endzone. It was pretty lame honestly. But my kids enjoyed having their pictures taken.



We went to the commercial tailgate thing and collected some shirts and a pizza cutter then it poured. We waited in the Varsity Club tent area while it rained and I feared the day was going to be a lost cause for enjoyment. Then the Magleby's caterer came up to us and gave us 7 tickets for a free lunch usually reserved for former athletes and their families. It was delicious and helped us improve our moods.



As we entered the stadium the rain stopped and by the time we sat down the sun actually poked through for a few minutes. Here are the rest of my random thoughts:



* Seat in section 129 are quite good. I have sat all over the stadium on the east and west side but never in the endzone and I quite enjoyed the angle and view, so much so that we didn't even bother to move into any of the unoccupied sideline seats closer to the field.



* I found it curious that the rain stopped for the first half, dumped at halftime, stopped for the second half and dumped as the game ended. Maybe God does like BYU football! ;-)



* What was that kid doing on the field? I saw him about half way across the field then as he was escorted off the field. He appeared confused but I was a full diaganol across the field from him.



* I thought Hill threw a pretty nice ball when he was allowed to throw.



* I was bugged that Apo only had one target in the endzone. I was hoping he would have gotten a TD this season, especially in his home finale.



* I was bugged that Houk got three chances in one series to finally get a TD, especially after dropping two easy balls.



* I like Nate Carter's tenacity. He goes fast forward every time he touches the ball. He appears slippery and elusive to me.



* I was bugged that the players headed for the tunnel immediately following the game despite my kids going down for high fives. I heard others say some came out later but they definitely did not go around the stadium immediately at games end.



* My daughters were super impressed with their cougartail! And it was delicious.



* That is all. I would rate our family experience an 8 out of 10 and when you factor in how miserable it might have been if the weather had been like it was at last years ISU game it was a straight 10!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
S
scott715
Didn't see the kid on tv so we don't know what happened there. Heard about it from others who attended the game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
MrH51
Don't mean to disagree, but my grandson went down to high five the team and the entire team went past about as soon as they got done congratulating Savannah. We sat in section 26. We also had a great time on a rainy day. Fans in Utah need to be tougher. We went to the Notre Dame game last year and their stadium was packed in snow, 20 degrees and a 30 mile an hour wind. The radio said Utah only half filled their stadium as well. I agree; wish Apo had of scored. Hope his future is a good one.
A
AmmonCougar1
MrH51 wrote:
Don't mean to disagree, but my grandson went down to high five the team and the entire team went past about as soon as they got done congratulating Savannah. We sat in section 26. We also had a great time on a rainy day. Fans in Utah need to be tougher. We went to the Notre Dame game last year and their stadium was packed in snow, 20 degrees and a 30 mile an hour wind. The radio said Utah only half filled their stadium as well. I agree; wish Apo had of scored. Hope his future is a good one.


Not bothered by your disagreement at all. I wish I had been more patient. I heard they came back out. I would have liked my kids to high five some of them. And I would have liked to thank them for entertaining me this season.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
M
mendyman
MrH51 wrote:
Don't mean to disagree, but my grandson went down to high five the team and the entire team went past about as soon as they got done congratulating Savannah.


I was out of town but my wife actually loaded up the 4 kids (ages 4-11) and had a great time. After the game they also gave all the players high fives and each kid brought home a glove from one of the players (they claim the white glove was from Apo and it had a rip in it so I blame his touchdown drop on the faulty Nike glove). AC1, maybe your kids thought they were heading into the tunnel because they gather in the SE corner by the tunnel and then usually just about the whole team makes the full loop counterclockwise (with Jordan Leslie sometimes going clockwise for some reason).
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
That game was way better to go to the the previous game. It actually turned out pretty nice and it wasn't super cold like last week. It was cool to see some other guys play and get to see some big plays like the first TD.



I wish Apo had gotten a TD as well. That catch that was dropped near the south goal line was just like a bad reminder to how his career turned out.



I've never felt bad for another team like I did at that game. That was demoralizing. I hope their players can get a few wins next year.
F
Fido
Sounds like your family had a good time. Great to hear! I watched from in front of my TV--my wife is not really a football fan, has a bad back so sitting through an entire game would not be very pleasant, and we live far enough away going to a game would be an all-day affair--so I don't get to go very often.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.