Gunk wrote:
552914579986980864
:bug:
Wow! Hope he's healed. Must be drinking the same stuff KC and Haws are.
I was at that luncheon, and that tweet is very misleading as to what Rose said. He said Aytes is just now out of the boot and off the scooter and actually putting weight onto it. They hope to have him on the water treadmill soon, and maybe have him on the court as soon as three weeks.
The way Rose presented it, the soonest Aytes can do anything basketballish is in three weeks, which is a far cry from ready to play in a game. The three weeks was to be on a court to do some drills, not to suit up and hammer the boards.
I don't think we'll see Aytes this season unless we make a deep run in March, in which case I would question the decision to mess with chemistry by inserting a guy for the first time all season.