Archived Topic

Positives

by BoiseBYU · 11/16/2014

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
We gave up one long pass, but otherwise DBs played well. They seemed to pick on Preator and the kid rose to the occasion.



The receivers fought for balls and made some big time plays.



The hit by 62 on Decker will be on film clips for years to come. Bam! That was a hit.



When Algie Brown can run an end run on two plays in a row and gain five yards each time, you know there's been some good blocking going on.



Lasike is such a quiet class act. He is BYU football personified.



Not sure the official attendance, but shout out to fans who braved the cold and a poor UNLV team to support their team.



Stewart's one scramble may have been the play of the game. He plays very hard.
G
Gunk
We sacked the QB.



We ran some screen plays.



A TE and an RB scored TDs like days of yester years.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mtnradio
You didn't mention the biggest positive of all ... BYU won!!



Nacua had a pick and beautiful run (landed awkwardly after a jump or would have been a pick 6)
S
Schmoe
mtnradio wrote:

Nacua had a pick and beautiful run (landed awkwardly after a jump or would have been a pick 6)


Was real pretty how he bobbed and weaved past the first tackler, though. 8)
B
BoiseBYU
Well said contributors! And one more. We only had five penalties!!!
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I liked all the shots we took down field. It only took 10 games but we finally saw Go Fast Go Hard Go Long.
B
BoiseBYU
SpiffCoug wrote:
I liked all the shots we took down field. It only took 10 games but we finally saw Go Fast Go Hard Go Long.

And what I wa surprised at is that the receiver were more often than not open! Stewart missed a few and Matthews and Leslie helped him out two other times. But the play was there
E
EM_Puma
BoiseBYU wrote:
Not sure the official attendance, but shout out to fans who braved the cold and a poor UNLV team to support their team.


I only went because someone gave me free tickets. I can't imagine how few will be at the next game. I wouldn't go out in such weather with tickets on the 50 yard line to see Savannah State.



Hopefully we'll learn...

You don't do black-outs, white-outs, brown-outs (whoops--that was in the blue hair section) after mid October. I loved that the players had the black/royal blue unis, but you can't expect fans to do that past the time they have to begin to wear coats. Few are ever going to buy a coat to coincide with with such programs.
S
SpiffCoug
EM_Puma wrote:
Not sure the official attendance, but shout out to fans who braved the cold and a poor UNLV team to support their team.


I only went because someone gave me free tickets. I can't imagine how few will be at the next game. I wouldn't go out in such weather with tickets on the 50 yard line to see Savannah State.



Hopefully we'll learn...

You don't do black-outs, white-outs, brown-outs (whoops--that was in the blue hair section) after mid October. I loved that the players had the black/royal blue unis, but you can't expect fans to do that past the time they have to begin to wear coats. Few are ever going to buy a coat to coincide with with such programs.

The only saving grace this week is the 1pm kick.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.