Archived Topic

Sailor Cougar is official! (kind of, maybe(

by SpiffCoug · 11/13/2014

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Isn't the Sailor Cougar already the logo for the special teams unit?



*edit--just checked, and the football special teams unit has been using it since 2011.
A
ABYUFAN
It's on the shooting shirts of the basketball team, and I want one of those shirts!
S
Schmoe
Ya know, this will come as a shock to many, but I really like the Sailor Coug.
S
snoscythe
Schmoe wrote:
Ya know, this will come as a shock to many, but I really like the Sailor Coug.


You, sire, are a true Cosmo:



http://www.quickmeme.com/img/bf/bf9da3af9713ab25a7c301dc46d483f417b0c104588ea6301b0b646cddef76a3.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
J
jvquarterback
Schmoe wrote:
Ya know, this will come as a shock to many, but I really like the Sailor Coug.


But this one lacks a beard. I was never sure about sailor coug. Not sure I ever liked it.The old was better than the new though. I guess the honor code office had some pull on this one.
M
Mingjai
From a design standpoint, I'm not really a fan of either version--and I think the simplified version is worse than the original. The simplified one looks like the designer put the original raster logo through a vector trace in an old version of Adobe Illustrator and then failed to correct where the trace algorithm got it wrong.



I tend to find college sailor mascots being retro for retro sake--it's a tradition that should be left in the past.



http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t644/tpbishop1/Rams_zps86204b40.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://www.warblogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Auburn_Tiger_head_UA004.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://tigerboard.com/uimages/user409_21.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://www.retrocollegecuts.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/old-lsu.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t644/tpbishop1/Bears_zpse50300cf.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://susannataliefreeman.com/SWC/Logos/1983SicEmBears.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mJwxmLFXoPBQp884G2p5rgg.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--JpYZbLrBIw/UWYABqkvJYI/AAAAAAAAC5c/emJzLSsBbe8/s1600/calfootballblog_logo.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://wpmu.library.oregonstate.edu/osu_archives/files/2013/09/MC-Decals-OSC-Benny-500x.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://i.imgur.com/YG3d7MU.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/33/777/full/6764_north_carolina_state_wolfpack-alternate-2000.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/255/624/old-school-sebas_display_image.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
I love them both.
A
ABYUFAN
FWIW I like the clean shaved look.
S
snoscythe
ABYUFAN wrote:
FWIW I like the clean shaved look.


Dunno. Carri Jenkins might take issue with his mustache extending beyond the corners of his mouth.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
snoscythe wrote:
FWIW I like the clean shaved look.


Dunno. Carri Jenkins might take issue with his mustache extending beyond the corners of his mouth.

Anyone who will call 6 total whiskers a "mustache" is alright in my book. Probably because 6 total whiskers would be exactly what mine would look like if I tried to grow it past the corners of my mouth
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.