Archived Topic

How soon...

by Gunk · 11/6/2014

Advertisement
G
Gunk
does Haws break Jimmer's record? Place your bets!



He's 655 points shy. To do it by the end of the season (assuming two games in the WCC tournament) he'd need to average 21.1 points/game.



If he averages what he did last season - 23.4 - he'll break it in game 28 against Portland on February 26.



Improving on 23 points/game is a tall order especially given the lack of scoring inside we have. That said, Haws' three game is supposed to be better and he'll make a living from the free-throw line. I'm going to go with 25.6 points/game, which would mean he'll break the record on Valentines day against Pacific.
G
Guest
I'd say he has a 76% chance of breaking that record.
V
vancouvercougar
Gunk wrote:
does Haws break Jimmer's record? Place your bets!



He's 655 points shy. To do it by the end of the season (assuming two games in the WCC tournament) he'd need to average 21.1 points/game.



If he averages what he did last season - 23.4 - he'll break it in game 28 against Portland on February 26.

Improving on 23 points/game is a tall order especially given the lack of scoring inside we have. That said, Haws' three game is supposed to be better and he'll make a living from the free-throw line. I'm going to go with 25.6 points/game, which would mean he'll break the record on Valentines day against Pacific.


I'm hoping that he does it at Portland on the 26th. I have tickets for that game.
S
SpiffCoug
vancouvercougar wrote:
does Haws break Jimmer's record? Place your bets!



He's 655 points shy. To do it by the end of the season (assuming two games in the WCC tournament) he'd need to average 21.1 points/game.



If he averages what he did last season - 23.4 - he'll break it in game 28 against Portland on February 26.

Improving on 23 points/game is a tall order especially given the lack of scoring inside we have. That said, Haws' three game is supposed to be better and he'll make a living from the free-throw line. I'm going to go with 25.6 points/game, which would mean he'll break the record on Valentines day against Pacific.


I'm hoping that he does it at Portland on the 26th. I have tickets for that game.

So let it be written.
B
BYULV
I'm hoping he never breaks the record because the rest of the team steps up and has such balanced scoring that haws averages 18-20/game with 4-5 other Guys averaging double figures. ;)
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
BYULV wrote:
I'm hoping he never breaks the record because the rest of the team steps up and has such balanced scoring that haws averages 18-20/game with 4-5 other Guys averaging double figures. ;)


How about Ty breaks the record and the 4-5 other guys still average double figures? would be cool. :)
R
rblack
I'm going for Ty breaks the record in the elite 8 game that puts us into our first final 4.
B
BYULV
I'll take either of those last two scenarios
Q
Qman
Based on the Fischer performance tonight, maybe Haws number of shots will be cut back.
B
BroncoBot
easy qman, let's not get too excited about the emerging Fischer. He had a great EXHIBITION game. Halford also had one of those, didn't affect Haws too much. I think Fischer is the real deal though, he's going to make a positive difference on this years team.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
I should play the stock market more or perhaps take up gambling... ;)
V
vancouvercougar
vancouvercougar wrote:
does Haws break Jimmer's record? Place your bets!



He's 655 points shy. To do it by the end of the season (assuming two games in the WCC tournament) he'd need to average 21.1 points/game.



If he averages what he did last season - 23.4 - he'll break it in game 28 against Portland on February 26.

Improving on 23 points/game is a tall order especially given the lack of scoring inside we have. That said, Haws' three game is supposed to be better and he'll make a living from the free-throw line. I'm going to go with 25.6 points/game, which would mean he'll break the record on Valentines day against Pacific.


I'm hoping that he does it at Portland on the 26th. I have tickets for that game.


I got my wish. Happy Birthday Vancouvercougar!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.