Archived Topic

When it rains.....

by Ungoy · 11/3/2014

Advertisement
U
Ungoy
Ugh. Jamaal Williams will be out the rest of the season due to the knee injury he sustained against Middle Tennessee. Does anyone remember the last time BYU had so many significant injuries during one season?
S
SpiffCoug
2001?



McDonald-Ashford to start the year. Staley to end it. Doman didn't last the season. Mahe missed several games.
S
snoscythe
Remember the lisfranc years?



Cade Cooper, Jadon Wagner, David Tafuna and JJ DiLuigi all had lisfranc injuries in 2007. That year Dustin Gabriel, Quinn Gooch, Russell Tialavea and Garret Reden (our #1 and #2 NTs) were also lost to season-ending injuries.



But none of those were as key to the team makeup as Hill/Williams/Johnson.
U
Ungoy
I wonder what the extent of the injury is? They've said he's having surgery, but didn't elaborate on the diagnosis. Probably ACL or something to that effect. Man this sucks. Hope both Williams, and Hill are able to make a 100% healthy return next season.
S
stuckinbig10country
It sounds, from some comments today, that Hill has tried to be around the team, but he's having a really hard time with it.



Spring ball is going to be very interesting. This last spring, they went harder than I can remember at any point since I've been following the team. They also went pretty hard in Fall. I wonder if they'll reevaluate that. Obviously Hill (if he doesn't go to the NFL) and Williams will not be getting any reps in spring. Hosick will be getting almost 100% of them, as Mangum doesn't return until after spring ball.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
I knew when he didn't get up that he was gone for the year. I could see it when they did replays of the hit. His leg was flopping back and forth in the air.
F
Fido
Benjamin Criddle @criddler21

Jamaal's surgery was more complicated than expected. ACL was completely torn, LCL needed to be repaired. Recovering well and in good spirits

Retweeted by Scott Garrard
C
CAFB_04-12
Didn't someone around here give some stats about how GFGH (punt!) teams suffer more injuries than regular teams? Something about volume of plays.
G
Gunk
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Didn't someone around here give some stats about how GFGH (punt!) teams suffer more injuries than regular teams? Something about volume of plays.

For some reason, I hadn't thought of that till now.



Doman had his Nitro offense and Anae has his GFGH. Does seem to be a lot of injuries. But I feel like we didn't have very many last season.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.