B
BYULVAny thoughts on the preseason game Saturday night?
It was tough to fully evaluate with all the subs in and out, but we gave some really good players (and I don't really know what I'm talking about, so please add your own thoughts 8) )
Haws is haws, but does look a little quicker on defense. Still got beat at times, but still has a ridiculous shot of differing varieties.
I like Fischer. I think he will be a great third scoring option. He seems to be a pretty smart player.
Toolsin and Nixon are going to be contributors this year. They did not look like freshman out there. Toolson especially had a nice shot with range and not afraid to take it to the hoop. He is going to be awesome sooner rather than later. Both seem to hustle a lot on offense and defense.
Nielson is ok, looks decent for a freshman.
Winder didn't seem to get into a rhythm, not sure how he'll fit in. Hopefully he finds his game and becomes a staple for this team.
Halford was ok, but I hope we have a better option at the 1 and 2 positions to not need him very often. He seems to always be hustling, yet isn't quite quick enough - does that seem accurate? Now that I look at the box score, he had 7 assists which is pretty good. Maybe he can be a solid contributor this season.
Josh Sharp was quiet. He might have a difficult time finding minutes on this team.
Worthington is better, but I'm still waiting to be impressed.
Jordan Chapman doesn't quite look ready. ?Redshirt?
Frank Bartley had a flash or two, but still out of sync. Maybe just didn't have a chance to get into a rhythm.
Jordan Ellis was decent for someone you've never heard of before. I don't imagine there are plans for him to play much this season, but will help the team with his speed on the practice squad.
Ryan Andrus looks like he has some work to do.
It's way early still, but I'm excited to see how coach Rose puts all these guys together. They can be very good.
It was tough to fully evaluate with all the subs in and out, but we gave some really good players (and I don't really know what I'm talking about, so please add your own thoughts 8) )
Haws is haws, but does look a little quicker on defense. Still got beat at times, but still has a ridiculous shot of differing varieties.
I like Fischer. I think he will be a great third scoring option. He seems to be a pretty smart player.
Toolsin and Nixon are going to be contributors this year. They did not look like freshman out there. Toolson especially had a nice shot with range and not afraid to take it to the hoop. He is going to be awesome sooner rather than later. Both seem to hustle a lot on offense and defense.
Nielson is ok, looks decent for a freshman.
Winder didn't seem to get into a rhythm, not sure how he'll fit in. Hopefully he finds his game and becomes a staple for this team.
Halford was ok, but I hope we have a better option at the 1 and 2 positions to not need him very often. He seems to always be hustling, yet isn't quite quick enough - does that seem accurate? Now that I look at the box score, he had 7 assists which is pretty good. Maybe he can be a solid contributor this season.
Josh Sharp was quiet. He might have a difficult time finding minutes on this team.
Worthington is better, but I'm still waiting to be impressed.
Jordan Chapman doesn't quite look ready. ?Redshirt?
Frank Bartley had a flash or two, but still out of sync. Maybe just didn't have a chance to get into a rhythm.
Jordan Ellis was decent for someone you've never heard of before. I don't imagine there are plans for him to play much this season, but will help the team with his speed on the practice squad.
Ryan Andrus looks like he has some work to do.
It's way early still, but I'm excited to see how coach Rose puts all these guys together. They can be very good.

