Archived Topic

Glad I'm not in Utah.

by BroncoBot · 10/26/2014

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Just saw the USC score....



that's all..
C
Cougarbib
BroncoBot wrote:
Just saw the USC score....



that's all..


That was my reaction too even though I got my MBA at Utah.
H
hypercoug
Good for :utard:



In all seriousness, I am glad they won.



We need at least 1 team in Utah that can represent our state well, and right now that team is definitely not BYU.
C
Cougarbib
I wish Utah lost for recruiting reasons. They were on the verge of program losing any credibility. Whittingham has brought them back from the abyss. Pure and simple.



Even if they lose their next 5 games, which they will not do, bowl eligible, beat UCLA, OSU, and Michigan on the road and USC at home plus 2 bad teams. Only loss was by 1 point or so. Announcers said Utah Special Teams are #1 in the country. Three punts returned for TD. Kicking. Rock solid. Whitt coaches that unit. Their defense looks like it might be best in PAC or at least a contender. Offense is mediocre. They are legit. They are as good or better as we were when 4-0 and way better now. Probably better than BSU. Props to the Utes.



Maybe we can all quit hoping they suckered and keep hoping BYU rises up.



Recruiting may take a hit this year. We bad. Utah good. Not a good recruiting formula.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
And the Utes have done it this year with bad QB play.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Utes deserve congrats. They had a heart breaking loss and instead of collapsing went on to win at UCLA and OSU and beat SC at home. And like Spiff said they've done it with quite poor QB play but a tough opportunistic defense and impeccable special team play. Plus they only commit about two penalties a game. We do that in the first series, if not the opening kickoff.
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
And the Utes have done it this year with bad QB play.


Defense and Special Teams. And note that they too run their dual threat QB and he leaps and dives to try to score. He could get injured tomorrow, but Saturday, he won the game. Football.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
hypercoug wrote:
Good for :utard:



In all seriousness, I am glad they won.



We need at least 1 team in Utah that can represent our state well, and right now that team is definitely not BYU.

I guess, if your state pride depends on a teams football ranking. Frankly, I'm not from utah and couldn't care less if USU or utah burned to the ground. I was there for the Nevada game and I could not believe the tension in the air between fans while being in SLC and Provo. Game in 2016 could get ugly. I honestly don't know if there is worse blood between 2 schools out there.
C
Cougarfan87
BroncoBot wrote:
Good for :utard:



In all seriousness, I am glad they won.



We need at least 1 team in Utah that can represent our state well, and right now that team is definitely not BYU.

I guess, if your state pride depends on a teams football ranking. Frankly, I'm not from utah and couldn't care less if USU or utah burned to the ground. I was there for the Nevada game and I could not believe the tension in the air between fans while being in SLC and Provo. Game in 2016 could get ugly. I honestly don't know if there is worse blood between 2 schools out there.


I don't believe there is worse blood between two schools. If you ever go back and look at the history of the rivalry, you will note that almost all games were home games for Utah, which is when they piled up their lopsided victories. As soon as they started playing some games in Provo, all of a sudden BYU started winning about half of the rivalry games...go figure. What is also interesting is that football was ended at BYU for some time due to some after-game brawls at a game up in Salt Lake City. There has been bad blood forever between the schools. But, I hope we can get past that and turn it into a more friendly rivalry where we can poke a little fun, but not get heated or ugly about it. You have to hand it to the Utes. Just when we thought Kwhitt was going to get canned, he totally redeemed himself. ;)
J
jonnylingo
Kyle Wittingham is smarter than Bronco Mendenhall and Bronco knows it.
Advertisement
G
Guest
jonnylingo wrote:
Kyle Wittingham is smarter than Bronco Mendenhall and Bronco knows it.

I completely disagree with that. I think Bronco is far smarter, but Kyle is far more emotional. That leads to big wins in key games for Kyle.
K
KingCoug
Those on this forum who "don't have a problem" with Utah winning, to say nothing of actually hoping they do well, need to wake up. Aside from the obvious question of Who in the heck roots for their arch rival?, how much sense does it make when their success can and does impact us negatively, either directly or indirectly? Recruiting being one of the more obvious examples. Short of their plane going down on the way to Arizona this week, we should be hoping everything for them goes bad!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.