Archived Topic

Will BYU Split The Last Six?

by Cougarbib · 10/18/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
The highly touted secondary was tested, toasted, and then decimated due to suspensions early, poor execution, and then injuries to JJ, Bills, Leavitt, etc. Opposing offenses running max protect and firing away.



The highly touted receivers hampered by injury and by Blackmon not being ready to execute. Kurtz out. Number 11 neck injury. Leslie hampered by ankle injury. Etc.



Heisman caliber QB broke his leg. Inexperienced back-up.



JW fighting suspensions, knee brace, and ankle and foot injuries almost all season. So much for breaking all of the records this year. Hine banged up. Algie fighting ankle injuries.



Offensive line inconsistent.



Front 7 rebuilding with Kaufusi and Fua both fighting ankle injuries.



It went down hill fast. Snake bitten.



How will BYU finish the regular season?



Give reasoning and opponent by opponent projections.
C
Cougarbib
I believe BYU will win 3 or more. They should improve as young or inexperienced bucks, especially Stew, gain experience. Well, unless the snake keeps biting. Some veterans will heal up. Wait. Snake.



We have 1 game that we could not possibly lose. S. State. Then UNLV should be a win. MTSU. Maybe. Tough one. But yes. I am worried about CAL, BSU, and even Nevada.
B
BYULV
Young guys will step up and surprise many, going 6-0 to finish the season. Only caveat is if C. Stewart goes down then all bets are off
S
Screamineagle
I think 4-2 over the last six I hope they prove me wrong and go 6-0.I will be happy with 6 wins and a bowl bid.Anything better and the way things have gone with injuries I think is a great effort by the coaches and players.I think the young players are hungry, the QB needs to stay healthy and I still like the coaching staff. Three most likely losses pretty obvious Boise,Nevada and Cal.
B
BOID
Screamineagle wrote:
I think 4-2 over the last six I hope they prove me wrong and go 6-0.I will be happy with 6 wins and a bowl bid.Anything better and the way things have gone with injuries I think is a great effort by the coaches and players.I think the young players are hungry, the QB needs to stay healthy and I still like the coaching staff. Three most likely losses pretty obvious Boise,Nevada and Cal.


I'm with you. This is still a very good team, and will likely win out from here. UCF is a good team, but was lucky to come back when they should have lost by 14 points to a Cougar team that developed quite quickly around its back up QB. This team will get better and better through the next five games and will spank Cal at the end.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
mtnradio
Cougarbib wrote:
I believe BYU will win 3 or more. They should improve as young or inexperienced bucks, especially Stew, gain experience. Well, unless the snake keeps biting. Some veterans will heal up. Wait. Snake.


Did you say "snake? http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourhoustonnews.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/40/0402e6bd-6876-550d-bc58-e397a5349654/51382a2cf262e.image.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Whatever it is that has bitten this team is less like a snake and more like something that slithered out from under Hogwarts! ;)



EVEN AFTER the loss to UNR I pick 4-2. BYU should beat Sav. St., MTSU and UNLV. But, I am still betting on the Cougs to beat the ponies in Boise. Yes, my blue goggles are still firmly in place, and the view is wonderful! (I"ve got an extra pair if any of you need them!)
C
Cougs_Rule
I voted 4-2, but I would change to 3-3 including last nights loss.
C
Cougarbib
Bump. I enabled re-voting. You can now change your vote.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
3-3 if lucky, and a stiff wind at out back. An ugly season. A character builder for the team.
S
Schmoe
I feel bad for the seniors on this team. A season with a lot of promise, but due to hubris and injury, we're staring mediocrity in the face. I still think all the games on our schedule are winnable, but the team has a lot to figure out in the coming weeks.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
I hope so. BSU offense is peaking and will easily put 40 on us. They scored 50+ against UNR at UNR. I count that as a loss. Cal is competitive. The others I like my chances.
A
ABYUFAN
Our best chance of winning out now is if Christian Stewart decides that he dosn't need to be a human turnover machine. I hope that he can get that down.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.