Archived Topic

Dog House?

by Cougarbib · 10/17/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
There may be some coaches in the dog house, but only a little bit. Bronco has had some interesting comments quoted recently. I expect we will see an article or two on it show up tonight.



Examples.



We do not have the same team and the same structure that we had going into the season.



My role has expanded - in a good way.



We had some things that were not working - things that had been proven to work for ten years.



Anyway - when he said his role had expanded, defense mentoring was clearly mentioned but offense perspective building was also mentioned along with player motivation.



No mention of Special Teams.



If this is another recapture of the heart and soul thing - it worked pretty well last time.
S
SpiffCoug
Perhaps we'll see an offensive shift similar to post-SDSU in 2005?



In 2005, BYU threw the ball 201 times the first four games and ran the ball just 106 times. Over the final 8 games, BYU ran the ball 312 times and threw it 315. BYU averaged 27 ppg the first 4 and 36 the final 8.
S
stuckinbig10country
Bronco is a phenomenal coach and transforms every group he touches...except for the assistant coaches. I would like him to be able to find others like himself.
B
BYULV
I'm not sure any coaches are in the doghouse, that may be a little overstated. I doubt we see any articles related to coaches being in the doghouse this week, except ones without evidence and looking for shock value. When a team loses so many starters all at once like BYU has, getting after specific coaches or players is counterproductive. The coaches and team need to circle the wagons and present a United front. I think they are doing this and that's why I doubt we'll see any legitimate reporting of bronco leaning on any soecific coaches. I like what I did hear from bronco this week that the players were meeting on their own, going over film and giving themselves assignments outside of usual team practices.
C
Cougarbib
LV. Notice that I put ? And said maybe a little bit.



I do not expect to see any demotions, but the quotes I posted about things not working this year that have been proven to work for 10 years, and about him getting more involved, are direct quotes from his interviews this week.



I do not think you will see articles saying the coaches are in the doghouse. I do think you will see articles with the quotes I posted.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.