Archived Topic

Misery Index

by scott715 · 10/13/2014

Advertisement
S
scott715
BYU #4
U
Ungoy
I thought we'd be higher than that. We went from ultimate highs to ultimate lows.



After Utah State, and seeing our defense cost us the UCF game, this season hurts worse than any in recent memory. Everything was lined up, and then we got hit by the perfect $%#^ storm.
D
Ddawg
No way to candy coat it. Taysom's devastating injury and watching the Coug football team collapse, and dash the high hopes for 2014, is a tough pill to swallow. I suspect the entire team and coaching staff are deeply disappointed. I know I am. All I know is, I still support Bronco, his staff, and the team - with all the warts and blemishes.
S
snoscythe
Just check out the traffic (or lack thereof) on the fan sites. This site has slowed to the rate of cold molasses, but at least it hasn't completely died like http://www.deepshadesofblue.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Fan base is in a general malaise, but, while I don't expect it to return to pre-USU levels, I expect the fans to turn out and support the 2014 Cougars v2.2 as the rest of the season rolls on and they start winning again.
B
BoiseBYU
snoscythe wrote:
Just check out the traffic (or lack thereof) on the fan sites. This site has slowed to the rate of cold molasses, but at least it hasn't completely died like http://www.deepshadesofblue.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Fan base is in a general malaise, but, while I don't expect it to return to pre-USU levels, I expect the fans to turn out and support the 2014 Cougars v2.2 as the rest of the season rolls on and they start winning again.


Wow deep shades of blue will be required by the govt to change their name to deepsixed...truth in advertising and all that....
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
snoscythe wrote:
Just check out the traffic (or lack thereof) on the fan sites. This site has slowed to the rate of cold molasses, but at least it hasn't completely died like http://www.deepshadesofblue.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Fan base is in a general malaise, but, while I don't expect it to return to pre-USU levels, I expect the fans to turn out and support the 2014 Cougars v2.2 as the rest of the season rolls on and they start winning again.


Just in time for an 830 Saturday night start time vs an opponent that isn't our worst, but isn't going to motivate the average fans. If BYU loses Saturday night, Bronco may see his worst HC attendance vs unlv and sav state. C'mon Cougs!!
D
Ddawg
I would luv to fly up and be there for the game this Sat. against Nevada - but - it's the brides birthday and we have tickets to a Zac Brown concert. My hopes are that both the Cougs and Zac Brown do good.
D
Ddawg
scott715 wrote:

My traffic is down because I don't want to listen to the fire coaches and the world is coming to an end posts.


Agreed. The aggressive and hostile few posters calling for a coaches head or his job gets old, quickly. Like psycho Eore's on "roid rage".



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMDAY8H5yIw
B
BYULV
This stuff happens, not much we can do about it. I'm very excited about this team right now, mainly because of the way they are fighting through this adversity and not giving up. It is fun watching new, young players start to develop.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Ddawg wrote:
I would luv to fly up and be there for the game this Sat. against Nevada - but - it's the brides birthday and we have tickets to a Zac Brown concert. My hopes are that both the Cougs and Zac Brown do good.

I'll be there!!! Can't WAIT!!!!! Driving up to provo on Wednesday night. Enjoying the weekend with family.
I
IowaCougar
This is my first time back on the site since Utah State. I have to agree with some of the previous posts that it isn't that I don't want to discuss the team, the prospects, etc., but it's that I don't want to read all the garbage. That's why I always stay away for a while after disappointing losses.



I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm still a fan, and want to cheer on the Cougars at every game, even during a losing season. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the season.

8)
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I was impressed with CStew's showing @UCF. This game was a question mark regardless of injuries. I think we can still put together a 10 win season. It's a stretch, but I think it's possible. I don't think winning out will happen, but perhaps 10-3 is still within reach. That's still a great season by many standards.
V
vancouvercougar
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:
I was impressed with CStew's showing @UCF. This game was a question mark regardless of injuries. I think we can still put together a 10 win season. It's a stretch, but I think it's possible. I don't think winning out will happen, but perhaps 10-3 is still within reach. That's still a great season by many standards.


10 wins with the number of players out with injury--that should make any cougar fan proud.
S
Screamineagle
IowaCougar wrote:
This is my first time back on the site since Utah State. I have to agree with some of the previous posts that it isn't that I don't want to discuss the team, the prospects, etc., but it's that I don't want to read all the garbage. That's why I always stay away for a while after disappointing losses.



I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm still a fan, and want to cheer on the Cougars at every game, even during a losing season. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the season.

8)

This is the same reason I stay away.All I want is 6 wins now, anything else is bonus and yes like so many others I support the coaches they are not perfect but they do a good job and they care about making young men better. They fit in well at BYU and I am proud of them including the players for not giving up. Find me a better staff for BYU right now.That is why I like BYU Footbal
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.