Archived Topic

I hate it when I hear these words "Career night.."

by Yzzazz · 10/10/2014

Advertisement
Y
Yzzazz
for a BYU opponent. CStew makes a nice progression from nothing to something, and it would have been enough if the defense could have hung in there.



Yes there are losses and injuries, but in the end, the penalties on the defense and the blown assignments allowed UCF to get back in the game when it simply didn't have to be that way. Yes the defense did a lot right and the backups are to be praised, but the overriding factor in this game is that UCF's QB had a "career night."



Here's hoping they can win 5 more games and take the Miami Beach bowl. It might be tougher than expected.
B
BroncoBot
Sums it up pretty well. sick of QBs running over BYU. Sick of the up and down offense.



I think this team made big strides for such a short week. Nevada game should tell us a lot (I'll be there!!!) Haven't seen BYU win at LES for a while. Last time I was there was loss to oregon state.
P
Phatgreen
I believe that makes 4 games in a row that we've seen "career nights" from the opposing quarterbacks. That is a disgrace.
M
Mingjai
I've always called it BYU's "Heisman Defense"--i.e., the play of the defense turns the opposing QB (or best player) into an overnight Heisman candidate. At the latter end of my days at BYU, I recall BYU implementing the Heisman Defense against the likes of Marques Tuiasosopo, Bradlee Van Pelt, Thomas Jones.
M
mizzoucoug
Phatgreen wrote:
I believe that makes 4 games in a row that we've seen "career nights" from the opposing quarterbacks. That is a disgrace.


But don't raise any alarms. Howell and Bronco just need more time to sort out the D. Oh and now they get to use the injuries excuse too. So let's make it another season or so before making adjustments.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.