Archived Topic

My BYU glass still half full

by BYUBALLIN · 10/7/2014

Advertisement
B
BYUBALLIN
Here is how I see it still a lot of weapons on off. A backup QB with a straight cannon for an arm and a QB best friend a great RB. If this season is gonna still have a chance at 11-1 then Bronco needs to take over the def ASAP. Bronco is one of the best def cord in college football if not the best. Call me crazy but I still got high hopes for this season..
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I'm with you here. This short week and travel to UCF will be very telling. Who knows? Maybe CStew unleashes the rage of a wounded cougar. If it were only Taysom, I would be more optimistic, but wow, there's a lot more to shuffle around elsewhere with other injuries. USU was playing lights out physicality. What's the update on the rest? Dallin, Alani, et al?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
beauso79
Even if we go 11-1 we may not even make the top 25, but at least with Stewart at QB we'll get to see what the offense might look like with Mangum running the show. Hopefully Anae can implement changes now that would be needed for a less mobile QB.
B
BYUBALLIN
beauso79 wrote:
Even if we go 11-1 we may not even make the top 25, but at least with Stewart at QB we'll get to see what the offense might look like with Mangum running the show. Hopefully Anae can implement changes now that would be needed for a less mobile QB.

We still got a lot of votes in the polls. If we keep winning we will get back in
B
BoiseBYU
I can't even find my glass. Rarely have I seen something go from the potential to be magical to near outer darkness. THAT SAID, I am as much a BYU fan as ever. It's my school, my team and I will still be cheering and hoping the best. There are still good players left, good coaches coaching and games to yet enjoy. And BYU's commercial is so cool :). Rise and Shout!!
Advertisement
M
mormonrasta
We can still have a very successful season. I am excited about it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
rasta, you're just excited because AZ is still in the hunt.... :P
Y
YNot
I'm not expecting it, but I'm not giving up hope on the Fiesta Bowl.



Hear me out....



There is a chance that NINE of our opponents will go bowling this season. 75%. Not many teams can say that.



There's still a chance that EIGHT of our opponents are in contention for their conference championship down to the final weekend.



And, all the SEC, PAC 12, and Big 12 teams ranked ahead of us still have a bunch of games with each other. This means many of the teams ranked ahead of us will fall behind us with multiple losses by December.



With BYU figuring things out and regrouping, we could steadily creep up in the polls each week. We still have two months of football to move from #31 to the top-10. It's doable. Just about 2 or 3 spots each week. #15 Ohio St. lost to unranked Virginia Tech. #19 ECU lost to unranked South Carolina. #24 Utah lost to unranked Washington St.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.