Archived Topic

Bronco and the D

by mvcoug · 10/4/2014

Advertisement
M
mvcoug
Does Bronco need to take over the defense again? I don't think it's a fluke that both times he's given up defensive coordinator responsibilities that the defense has struggled. There are plenty of head coaches that call offensive/defensive plays for their team. I personally think he should take back the defense and never give it up again. I'm curious how everyone else feels about this. Thoughts?
M
mizzoucoug
Yes. Absolutely. Fire Howell and spend the savings on some D linemen. Howell had been exposed 2 weeks in a row. Bronco should've taken over at halftime tonight.



This is another Bronco-defining performance.
G
Gunk
Yes.



Defense is underperforming. Secondary is bad. I don't care what numbers you have to show otherwise they have been our Achilles heel and got torched.



Embarrassing loss.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYUBALLIN
Been saying that since we hired a def cord.. Bronco is one of the best def coaches in college football
M
mizzoucoug
Bronco is a DC and that's it. He's a terrible head coach. I have been on the bandwagon with him until tonight. This is a recurring nightmare. I think he's a great man and loves what he does. But as far as football excellence goes, he's not ever going to get BYU to where it wants to go. He just doesn't have what it takes.



I'm officially done with Bronco as HC of BYU football. (Although I realize he's probably our only option right now)
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Bronco may be tired of being a defensive coordinator. Just because he's good at it doesn't mean he wants to do it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mvcoug
Gunk wrote:
Bronco may be tired of being a defensive coordinator. Just because he's good at it doesn't mean he wants to do it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

In my opinion he's a better defensive coordinator then head coach. If he's tired of doing it it might be time for him to move on and do something else.



We also have way to much talent on defense to be struggling as much as we have!
J
Jarhead
BYUBALLIN wrote:
Been saying that since we hired a def cord.. Bronco is one of the best def coaches in college football


I wonder what Bronco will do. He has been eager to have only head coaching duties, but how do you replace yourself when you are one of the best?



This transition to Howell was an off season red flag to me, but I still didn't think they would struggle like this.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.