Archived Topic

UCF Pass Defense Vs Houston

by Cougarbib · 10/3/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Looked much better than BYU looked vs Houston. Looking more and more like it was an off night for BYU when our pass defense struggled vs Houston.



Numbers Spiff?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
imuakahuku
Hou was way off. The best WR had at least three drops. The QB couldn't hit the side of an elephant running a 5 yard drag let alone a WR with an LB on him. Just an overall bad night for Houston. The silver lining is we play both so this doesn't hurt as much (just in current SOS).
Y
YNot
This was actually an ideal outcome. Houston could have and should have won the game. That fumble at the goal line into the end zone was an amazingly unlucky way to end the game.



But for BYU, we wanted UCF to win. They have more upside. UCF is now 2-2 and still has a shot at the AAC championship, especially owing to the fact that they avoid Cincinnati in conference play. The Knights could even finish ranked, if they win the American by beating ECU in Greenville in December.
Y
YNot
I know I'm looking passed USU tonight, but I'm not on the team and it should be a fairly easy victory - 3+ touchdowns.



Let's compare BYU's and UCF's performances against Houston's defense:



Houston held UCF to only 228 yards of TOTAL offense. 101 Yards passing and 33% completion rate. 127 rushing yards at 3.4 YPC.



BYU had over 500 yards of offense against Houston's defense. 200 yards passing and 61% completion rate. 323 rushing yards at 6.2 YPC.



Factoring the cross-country travel on a short week, BYU should still win by 2+ touchdowns. UCF's offense is not very good.
M
mizzoucoug
YNot wrote:
I know I'm looking passed USU tonight, but I'm not on the team and it should be a fairly easy victory - 3+ touchdowns.



Let's compare BYU's and UCF's performances against Houston's defense:



Houston held UCF to only 228 yards of TOTAL offense. 101 Yards passing and 33% completion rate. 127 rushing yards at 3.4 YPC.



BYU had over 500 yards of offense against Houston's defense. 200 yards passing and 61% completion rate. 323 rushing yards at 6.2 YPC.



Factoring the cross-country travel on a short week, BYU should still win by 2+ touchdowns. UCF's offense is not very good.


Yeah, that is not their strength. We have a good shot at getting them by a couple TD's, but I never underestimate BYU's ability to get a lead and let a team back in the game...
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Now compare our defensive performance with UCF. Should be quite a contrast. Then adjust for us being at home and UCF being on the road VA Houston. Then remember we are on the road at UCF. Then remember our offense struggling Vs good defenses. This one is not in the bag.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.