Archived Topic

Utah has 32 yards and 14 Points

by Cougarbib · 9/28/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Pick 6 and 56 yard punt return to the house will do that.



Is Utah good, or just Lucky?



Michigan was humbled by Minnesota today. But, Fresno State picked up a 2nd win.
S
SpiffCoug
Playing stupid coaches who keep kicking to Clay
C
Cougarbib
21-0. Now a 76 yard rushing TD. The Utes may actually be reasonably good.
S
SpiffCoug
They're almost entirely reliant on the big play.



So far through 28:32 of the game, they have 21 points and 196 yards of total offense on 37 plays. Which seems like pretty good offensive production. Until you realize they have a defensive TD, a special teams TD and a 76-yard TD run. So their other 36 plays have netted 0 points and 120 yards (3.3 yards per play)
D
Ddawg
Cougarbib wrote:

The Utes may actually be reasonably good.


Wait till next week when the Yewts travel to So. Cal and play UCLA. I suspect the Yewts will find out how good they are. Last Thurs. #11 UCLA destroyed #15 Az St., 62-27. I suspect the Yewts will receive a similar humbling experience.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Utah is now losing, 28-27
B
BroncoBot
HA HA HA. I don't watch utah, but when I do, I enjoy watching them choke.
C
Cougarbib
They may find out tonight. Gave up a huge play. WSU leading by 1 after about a 90 yard drive and about a 70 yard pass.
B
BroncoBot
What a wet MUSS.
F
frdbtr
Travis Wilson is not a good QB. utah just lost 28-27.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
That should make this week at work more bearable for you local fans.
S
SpiffCoug
Did we just witness the wheels come off Utah's season?



They are in real trouble. Upcoming schedule:

@ UCLA

@ Oregon State

Vs USC

@ Arizona State

Vs Oregon

@ Stanford



They may lose all six of those games.
F
frdbtr
SpiffCoug wrote:
Did we just witness the wheels come off Utah's season?



They are in real trouble. Upcoming schedule:

@ UCLA

@ Oregon State

Vs USC

@ Arizona State

Vs Oregon

@ Stanford



They may lose all six of those games.


WSU isn't as good as any of those teams. utah's offense is not going to out score any of them. Their defense isn't going to stop any of those offenses either.
F
frdbtr
Travis Wilson couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight and panicked when the slightest pressure was applied to him. he is not a good QB. I wish this BYU team had a shot at this years utah team. I think we would all get a BYU blowout that we have wanted for so long.
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:
Travis Wilson couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight and panicked when the slightest pressure was applied to him. he is not a good QB. I wish this BYU team had a shot at this years utah team. I think we would all get a BYU blowout that we have wanted for so long.

I'm actually glad BYU is NOT playing Utah. It would be the one game that Utah would give 110% focus, energy and preparation. 50/50 loss for BYU and a season salvaging game for utah. Tired of playing down to the frutes. It would give their fan base another game to get excited for. I'm ready to let utah die in the basement of the pac-12. Without BYU they are just another doormat team.
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
AH HA HA HA! They lose 28-27 at Rice Eccles after leading 24-7 at the half! Beautiful. I hope they continue to lose in the PAC 12, finish with another losing season, and Whitt gets fired.
A
a1247
BroncoBot wrote:
Travis Wilson couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight and panicked when the slightest pressure was applied to him. he is not a good QB. I wish this BYU team had a shot at this years utah team. I think we would all get a BYU blowout that we have wanted for so long.

I'm actually glad BYU is NOT playing Utah. It would be the one game that Utah would give 110% focus, energy and preparation. 50/50 loss for BYU and a season salvaging game for utah. Tired of playing down to the frutes. It would give their fan base another game to get excited for. I'm ready to let utah die in the basement of the pac-12. Without BYU they are just another doormat team.


I couldn't agree with you more. Utah plays like the best team in the country when they play against BYU.
G
Guest
The game wasn't even as close as the score makes it appear. Utah's offense flat out stunk and without defense and special teams scores this would have been a blowout.
F
frdbtr
BroncoBot wrote:
Travis Wilson couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight and panicked when the slightest pressure was applied to him. he is not a good QB. I wish this BYU team had a shot at this years utah team. I think we would all get a BYU blowout that we have wanted for so long.

I'm actually glad BYU is NOT playing Utah. It would be the one game that Utah would give 110% focus, energy and preparation. 50/50 loss for BYU and a season salvaging game for utah. Tired of playing down to the frutes. It would give their fan base another game to get excited for. I'm ready to let utah die in the basement of the pac-12. Without BYU they are just another doormat team.


I would agree with this most years, but just like in 96, BYU is clearly the better team this year. We would win and we would win big.
C
Cougarbib
Oregon State looked beatable tonight. But USC has incredible athletes. As we learned the last couple of weeks, hail Mary. KO return to the house. Etc., count. Team sport. Anyway, nice to see Utah get humbled in PAC 12 Country.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.