Archived Topic

KickStarter Project - Home Teaching App

by scott715 · 9/26/2014

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
No way this guy even comes close to $45K for this idea.



Kickstarter is 2% decent ideas, and the other 98% are just like this--okay concepts with idiot owners/managers who have $ in their eyes and horrendously overestimate the market for their product. If he took this idea to private equity and said he needed $45K to get the idea to market, he'd be laughed out the door, and that's probably exactly what happened. So crowdfunding becomes the last resort for unprofitable ideas to be subsidized by the minions online who are lonely and just want to belong and are willing to pay for that feeling. They'd be better off putting that money towards therapy or a vacation and just setting a couple of calendar reminders on their phone and creating a hometeaching group in their contacts.
D
Ddawg
I agree with Sno. I don't see what's so hard about having a personal calendar - it does not need to be a fancy 5 ring Franklin-Covey planner or a whiz-bang geeky electronic gizmo. Simple gets the job done if you put in half an effort and give a darn. Caring and a concerted effort is magical.
G
Guest
I could make this app in a day or 2 for $20.
D
Ddawg
hawkwing wrote:
I could make this app in a day or 2 for $20.


But Hawk - you have talent, focus, and drive. You're so judgmental ....... ;)
Advertisement
G
Guest
Ddawg wrote:
I could make this app in a day or 2 for $20.


But Hawk - you have talent, focus, and drive. You're so judgmental ....... ;)


My 4 best qualities, talent, focus, drive, and judgementalness! :)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.