Archived Topic

Fans Should Wear White Nearly Every Game

by runbyu1 · 9/21/2014

Advertisement
R
runbyu1
Unbelievable how much better the stadium looked and how much more intense the atmosphere was this week versus last week. Night and Day, Black and White! Well, I guess blue and white. HUGE difference though.



Seemed like it looked really good on TV and in pics as well.



Props to the fans for really turning out in white. I don't think we've ever had that many people wearing the same color before!



Thoughts?
S
SpiffCoug
I've said for years we should wear white. It pops. Blue doesn't. If you want to do a royal blue out once a year that's fine too. But we should wear white.



And I don't care if college football is "supposed" to be played on Saturday afternoon. I'll take an evening game ANY day of the week over an afternoon game in September
G
Gunk
Someone needed to give the guy in the neon green shirt a white T.



All the white looked slick on TV.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Someone in the athletic department finally had an epiphany (or read any one of the numerous fan board posts suggesting it) to have the white out game early in the season when it's warm rather than in November when everyone is buried under 5 layers of clothing.
C
Cougs_Rule
Finally!! I've complained many times about the lameness of fans and admins efforts to get full color. It worked great! Credit fans and efforts by athletic dept!!



And I'm with you Spiff, I will take night games any day--even on Thursdays.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
I've said for years we should wear white. It pops. Blue doesn't. If you want to do a royal blue out once a year that's fine too. But we should wear white.



And I don't care if college football is "supposed" to be played on Saturday afternoon. I'll take an evening game ANY day of the week over an afternoon game in September


White pops. Blue does not. Totally agree. Agree with the evening games, too. Baked in the east bleachers. Loved every minute of it, as I suffered through the heat. The empty seats are a little embarrassing, but TV is having an impact to many other programs attendance, not just BYU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Navy doesn't pop, royal does. If we had the colors that we are supposed to, either our blue or white would pop.
C
Cougarbib
Royal is better than Navy as far as popping, but fans will not conform at the % that will wear white and white pops better if only for that reason. Black. Can't remember.



The white cougars has a ring to it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
I'm not certain about this, but when I arrived at the stadium the most of the west stands had something white on the seats. Were those tshirts? I so, sad that it cost BYU so much to finally get a true conformance. But credit the admin to go after the pathetic west stands who usually lack the most conformance to any color-out.
C
Cougarbib
A vendor - Nudge - sponsored 25,000 free shirts based on what I read and observed.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
I would hope a sponsor steps up for the McMahon game royal blue #9 shirts would kick ass.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.