Archived Topic

Virginia - Classy

by Ddawg · 9/20/2014

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
I want to give a shout out to the Virginia folks. I met some classy UVA fans last night. I gotta share an experience last night - about 2 Virginia couples I ran into and chatted with.



Last night (Fri.), the bride and I were walking into the Wild Mustang Grill (in Orem) to get some BBQ for dinner. In the parking lot, I met 2 couples with the same idea. I notice one of the men was wearing an orange Virginia polo shirt.



We struck up a conversation. I told them I'm a BYU alumni and supporter. I asked them if they had ever been to Utah before - they hadn't. They just flew into SLC and drove to Orem in a rental car. They were unsure where to go or what to do.



Anyway, we visited and I gave them directions to LES, how to get to and drive up Provo Cyn, visit Sundance Ski Resort, Park City, etc, etc.



The UVA folks were gracious, very pleasant to visit with, and classy. When we parted we wished each other good luck.



I am looking forward to a great game today. Go Cougs!
G
Guest
I have to agree. The UVA fans ladyhawk and I met last year were all very polite and friendly, and with the rain delay I got to meet several fans. Very good people.
S
Schmoe
The only part of the story I disagree with is that you were in Orem getting BBQ, and you weren't going to Bam Bam's. C'mon man!
S
scott715
He was following the spirit not knowing before hand what he was to do.
U
urroner
scott715 wrote:
He was following the spirit not knowing before hand what he was to do.


Well, if he was doing that, why didn't he cut their heads off?
Advertisement
S
scott715
No sword and they were classy. Laban was as drunk as a yewt.
D
Ddawg
Schmoe wrote:
The only part of the story I disagree with is that you were in Orem getting BBQ, and you weren't going to Bam Bam's. C'mon man!


We had never been to the Wild Mustang Grill. I have been to Bam Bam's. I've been to the best BBQ in San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas. I was very impressed with the Wild Mustang Grill. Tasty. The service was great. I recommend.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Ddawg--Had I known you were in town I would have dragged you out to the lake for some catfishing this morning and a pre-game fish fry.



Next time.
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg--Had I known you were in town I would have dragged you out to the lake for some catfishing this morning and a pre-game fish fry.



Next time.


Dayumn!!!!!!!!!! I am deeply chagrined - seriously. It would have been great. It sounds like a good time.
B
blue42
Ddawg I am glad you had a good experience with them because the ones I sat by at the game were total jerks. He really started mouthing off to all the cougar fans when Virginia was ahead, but when BYU took the lead in the 3rd he started to be very vulgar and was doing the 2 handed bird to everyone around. We were extremely happy when he went sulking off with his tail between his legs in the 4th quarter.



On the other hand on the way out of the stadium I talked with a few other Virginia fans and they were very classy.



Maybe later on I will say something about a Ute fan that came in disguised as a Virginia fan.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
U
urroner
blue42 wrote:
Maybe later on I will say something about a Ute fan that came in disguised as a Virginia fan.


I heard that they comes dressed as BYU fans to games also since no true BYU fan would ever be ignert and rude. :whistle:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.