Archived Topic

Koroma and Suspension

by urroner · 9/16/2014

Advertisement
U
urroner
Just saw a tweet that Tejan Koroma isn't going to be suspended for the first half of the game. That's all I heard.
C
Cougarbib
The call was appealed. Sounds like the call got overturned.



This is huge if true. The OL plays softer when he is out.
D
Ddawg
Bueno! On the replay, it was easy to see it was a bad call.
G
Guest
Its true. The suspension was rescinded.
C
craigoscarson
hawkwing wrote:
Its true. The suspension was rescinded.


The decision should be reviewable during the game... losing him cost us some momentum and to be fair, I'm not sure it even deserved any type of penalty. The refs were a little flag happy last week...



I thought the Texas game was well officiated and Uconn was poorly officiated but Houston was a mess.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
It was reviewed and upheld during the game. Then appealed after the game which further confirms officials being inept.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I think the issue was he was thrown out for the punch. But there really is no punching penalty. You're not suspended for punching. You get suspended for fighting. And it was clear in the replay that Koroma was not fighting.
I
IowaCougar
Cougarbib wrote:
It was reviewed and upheld during the game. Then appealed after the game which further confirms officials being inept.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Is this true? I thought the only reviewable calls were for targeting, like the Bills penalty that was overturned. I don't remember any official review on this one.



I did note that the officials were from the American Athletic Conference, of which Houston is a member. I think that may explain a lot.
C
Cougarbib
I read that officials were AAC, but review officials were Big 12. I also believe I read, therefore, this later appeal was handled by The Big 12.



I am still in Utah, so I do not have access to my DVR, but I believe it was reviewed, but not overturned, before he was ejected.



I think officials everywhere have been overreaching. Soon, players will not dare tackle anyone.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
great news. adding a healthy mathews into the mix last week was a big boost for the line especially with kearsley out. things are looking up for the oline.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
What is anyone hearing about Ryker Matthews eligibility and status?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
craigoscarson
Cougarbib wrote:
What is anyone hearing about Ryker Matthews eligibility and status?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


He played against Houston
C
Cougarbib
Good. Academic issues got cleared up and maybe he is 100% healthy like his mom told me in July.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
craigoscarson wrote:
What is anyone hearing about Ryker Matthews eligibility and status?
He played against Houston

But I don't think Kearsley did.
C
Cougarbib
Mars wrote:
Cougarbib wrote:
What is anyone hearing about Ryker Matthews eligibility and status?
He played against Houston

But I don't think Kearsley did.


I believe Kearsley, Algernon Brown, Kaufusi, and one other DL player were listed as hopeful for Virginia. I think they all have ankle injuries.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.