Archived Topic

Am I just too tired this morning?

by EM_Puma · 9/12/2014

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Am I just too tired this morning after the game or what? I'm reading AP's Anne M. Peterson summary of the game in Provo



"Houston's Ryan Jackson later fumbled in the end zone, and the ball was recovered by Zac Stout for the safety to put BYU up 2-0."



http://www.ksl.com/?sid=31525473&nid=272&fm=home_page&s_cid=toppick5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Did I miss something? If Houston would have fumbled the ball in the end zone and Zac Stout recovered the ball, it wouldn't have been a safety--it would have been a touchdown.



It was a tackle in the endzone for a safety. Anne must have been more tired than me.
C
Cougs_Rule
A bad hangover. She's obviously tired. But so was the team last night. So are the fans this morning. Feels almost like a loss. Hope bronco and the team learns that when they lose the edge mentally or take foot off the gas pedal, that any reasonable team can get a few breaks and make a few good plays and make it a lot closer than it ever should have been.
D
dsmith1212
You think you are tired. I had to get up in Romania at 3:30 am this morning to watch the game live on WatchESPN.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
They really need to stop letting writers who are unfamiliar with a specific sport write articles about that sport. Go home, Anne, you're drunk.
F
FurriousCougar
Cougs_Rule wrote:
A bad hangover. She's obviously tired. But so was the team last night. So are the fans this morning. Feels almost like a loss. Hope bronco and the team learns that when they lose the edge mentally or take foot off the gas pedal, that any reasonable team can get a few breaks and make a few good plays and make it a lot closer than it ever should have been.




I'll say, I actually woke up depressed from a dream this morning that BYU lost to Houston. It actually felt like a reality for a bit - took me about a full 5 seconds before I remembered that we had actually beat Houston. No joke. And I was at the game last night! You'd think I would have remembered instantly.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
dsmith1212 wrote:
You think you are tired. I had to get up in Romania at 3:30 am this morning to watch the game live on WatchESPN.


You are hardcore. I tip my hat to you sir. Well done.
M
Mars


One of the players said in the post-game that the team felt really down after winning by only 8 points, and the coaches had to try to cheer them up in the lockerroom afterwards.
S
snoscythe
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/aa/72/fd/aa72fde231b900b50b4c23069ead318a.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.