Archived Topic

What's the cheapest ticket you've bought for a BYU FB game

by jvquarterback · 9/11/2014

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
In the early part of the new millennium, the cheapest scalped ticket I've ever bought was $5, but the usual price is $10.



I'm glad that TH has seen that it is more important to get butts in the seats than to let them go unfilled, at whatever cost. I'm sure too that he is far from ever moving us toward expansion of our facilities because TV has moved a lot of fans to the home recliner/sofa. It's not the fans dedication, it has everything to do with economics and for me, a much more comfortable experience. I simply hate being in a sardine packed stadium. I'm for remodeling the place and possibly losing 5K in seats to do so. I think the stadium is beginning to show more and more that it is a facility built in the 70's. When you see the stadiums of today, it looks so antiquated.
G
Gunk
The last time BYU played San Jose. I got them for about $25 a piece.



Interestingly enough, my tickets to the bowl game last year against WA were cheaper than my tickets to the BSU game at Provo last year.
S
SpoCoug
IIRC, I paid $5 for season tickets my freshman year--$1 per game.
M
Mingjai
My freshman year at BYU was 1995.



Football season tickets were $30 ($5/game)

Basketball season tickets were $17 ($1/game)

All Sports Passes for all other sports were $10
Advertisement
U
urroner
When I went to the Y in the late 70s, they were free to the students, but we had to stand in line to get them until they ran out of free tickets. I also was able to bum some awesome 50 yard line tickets from a professor than.



But, since I was in the BYU Incomparable Cougar Marching Band during part of that time, I got to sit with some great people in decent seating during that time, except for the year we got to sit behind the endzone so it made it very difficult to see the forward progress of the team when they were on the other side of the field, but we had the funnest section in the whole stadium and many of the players always thanked us personally.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.