Archived Topic

Win for Jiggs!

by hawkwing · 9/9/2014

Advertisement
G
Guest
My grandpa Floyd "Jiggs" Oliver passed away this afternoon. He was 97 years old, just a few months from 98, and lived a long, active life. Even in his retirement he worked as a crossing guard into his 90s. I went to his house and talked with him just last week and talked to him about how fine the BYU victory over UCONN was and how we could have a great season this year. I can credit him with my fandom as it was his BYU season tickets to football and basketball that I first experienced games in the Steve Young years.



So Cougars go out there and win one for a devoted Cougar fan who's watching from above!
G
Gunk
Sorry for your loss, Hawk. Sounds like he was a great man.



Both my grandfather and father passed away a year & a half ago within months of each other.



They now have the best seats in the house to every game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Ygridiron4ever
My deepest condolences.



I hope you and your family have peace in your spirit as your hearts mourn.
S
SpiffCoug
I can only hope that when I pass, I can leave the world after such euphoria following a great BYU win.



Thoughts and prayers!
N
NDCougar
Condolences!
Advertisement
N
nuk13
My dad became a BYU fan when they moved down there. He also has a best seat in the house now. When he passed in an easy way I asked myself if I'd bring him back. I would have loved to have talked to him and ask him about his great stories again but I wouldn't then nor would I now bring him back. We miss those of great stature but we can also celebrate their great lives and live our own better because of their examples. My love and respect for Dad has grown in the years since his passing. I am confident yours will too for grandpa Jiggs.
G
Guest
Thanks everyone for your thoughts!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.