Archived Topic

Special Teams @ Texas

by redneckjedi · 9/7/2014

Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
HUGE improvement in special teams play this week. Besides that opening kickoff return which was brought back due to penalty, they played solid, kept us with favorable field position, and put Texas in some bad spots. They even forced a turnover! 100% on field goals, deeper kickoffs, great punting, a great punt return - I was pleased with their performance all the way around. Huge improvement from week 1 to week 2.
F
frdbtr
redneckjedi wrote:
HUGE improvement in special teams play this week. Besides that opening kickoff return which was brought back due to penalty, they played solid, kept us with favorable field position, and put Texas in some bad spots. They even forced a turnover! 100% on field goals, deeper kickoffs, great punting, a great punt return - I was pleased with their performance all the way around. Huge improvement from week 1 to week 2.


Agreed, was night and day difference between the 2 weeks.
M
Mars


No missed field goals!
K
KYCoug
I was at my parents house for their 65th wedding anniversary and about got thrown out. They were all watching the UK football game and I suggested there were some good football games today, why waste time on UK. It's amazing how passionate UK fans are with all sports. Anyway to the point I see so many college kickers, even on sucky teams that can put the kickoffs out of the back of the endzone. No chance for a big return with that. I agree special team play did improve but there were a couple of returns in the first half (the big one called back on a penalty). Why can't we get a kicker with a booming leg that will put it out of the end zone. Even the punter, while he had some long punts, they were rollers or line drives. Just saying!!!



Go Cougs!



L Hatton

Louisville, KY
J
Jarhead
The punts and kickoffs seemed to get longer and longer as the game went on yesterday.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.