Archived Topic

Who Gets Fired?

by Gunk · 9/7/2014

Advertisement
G
Gunk
So, who on the Texas staff gets fired now?



Offense definitely takes the majority of the blame but the defense, which is supposed to be their strong suite didn't really hold up. If I remember correctly, today was the most rushing yards from a QB that a Strong coached defense has given up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Well, we beat them by more than we did last year, scored more points than we did last year, and they scored less than they did last year. So, the O-coordinator and D-coordinator have to go, and, going with Strong trends, at least half the players who played need to be suspended.
F
frdbtr
I think they should just symbolically fire Manny Diaz again. :evil:
B
BoiseBYU
The athletic director. For scheduling BYU
F
frdbtr
BoiseBYU wrote:
The athletic director. For scheduling BYU


the scary thing is, is how many AD's are looking at this game going, "I don't care what ESPN says, we aren't going to schedule those guys".
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:
The athletic director. For scheduling BYU


the scary thing is, is how many AD's are looking at this game going, "I don't care what ESPN says, we aren't going to schedule those guys".

It will become a problem. Especially the way college football is going these days. UNLESS you have a couple teams get held out of the 4 team tournament because the SOS was so bad, which would be great for BYU and college football at the same time.
B
brpajense
the scary thing is, is how many AD's are looking at this game going, "I don't care what ESPN says, we aren't going to schedule those guys".


I don't know. Coach Strong sounded like he wanted to win this game really bad after the 2013 game. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would slink off with his tail between his legs. I think he'd want another shot at redemption after today. He might wait until after Hill graduates, but I think he'll want another piece of BYU.

We might be able to sign another home and home series and get the first game in Provo.



Either that, or they'll try to keep us out of the Big12.
G
Gunk
brpajense wrote:
the scary thing is, is how many AD's are looking at this game going, "I don't care what ESPN says, we aren't going to schedule those guys".


I don't know. Coach Strong sounded like he wanted to win this game really bad after the 2013 game. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would slink off with his tail between his legs. I think he'd want another shot at redemption after today. He might wait until after Hill graduates, but I think he'll want another piece of BYU.

We might be able to sign another home and home series and get the first game in Provo.



Either that, or they'll try to keep us out of the Big12.


He'll wait till Hill is gone and he has his program rolling.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Coach Strong seems like a classy guy and I think he'll get Texas back on track, much like Bronco did after the debacle of Coach He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Started rough with a 6-6 season, but got it rolling quickly after.



When asked about how much of the loss and lopsided score was due to injuries/suspensions, Coach Strong responded that it had nothing to do with it, that they didn't play the way they needed to, were obviously unprepared, etc. No excuses, I like it.
M
Mars


From what I hear, there were some big Texas boosters that wanted Strong fired BEFORE the North Texas game. Things are dysfunctional behind the scenes in Longhorn land. They wanted Saban or Harbaugh or NO ONE, and they are not satisfied, quick to eat their own at any sign of natural human weakness.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.