Archived Topic

Who will have more rushing yards?

by hawkwing · 9/5/2014

Advertisement
G
Guest
Lets hear your thoughts on who will have more rushing yards.
U
Ungoy
I'm going with the BYU RB's. Taysom will run, but Texas will be spying him, and limit his running lanes. I think with Taysom standing in the pocket and if he's accurate throwing the ball, this will really open things up for Williams and the other backs to do some bruising. People are remembering that Hill had 259 yards rushing on Texas. They sometimes forget that Williams had 182 or something like that. I think Hill has a big day throwing, and Williams has a big day running. The other backs will add some chunks in as well.
A
ABYUFAN
Ungoy wrote:
I'm going with the BYU RB's. Taysom will run, but Texas will be spying him, and limit his running lanes. I think with Taysom standing in the pocket and if he's accurate throwing the ball, this will really open things up for Williams and the other backs to do some bruising. People are remembering that Hill had 259 yards rushing on Texas. They sometimes forget that Williams had 182 or something like that. I think Hill has a big day throwing, and Williams has a big day running. The other backs will add some chunks in as well.

Agreed



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
With Texas' making sure that T-Hill doesn't run on them all day again, I think it will open stuff up for our RB's, and it will be SO awesome to have J-Swag back.
S
snoscythe
Running backs. Charlie Strong can't afford to lose to BYU the same way Mack Brown did.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
Mars


The team combined to outrush Taysom vs Texas in 2013 and @ UConn in 2014. But in both games it was very close. I think Hill has an extra defensive spy on him this game though, even if it ends up being to the defense's detriment.
G
Gunk
RBs and I hope it's the RBs.



I hope Hill doesn't try to replicate what he did. Not saying he shouldn't take what's given to him, but I think if he goes out there and tries to do what he did before he's going to wind up in trouble.



The beauty of what he did before is it will pay dividends tomorrow. It will keep UT focused on him and if he can use that focus to open things up for others than I think we could be in for a special game tomorrow.
F
frdbtr
Not only will the combined RB's have more yards than Taysom, but I predict that Jamaal Williams will have more yards than Taysom.
G
Guest
frdbtr wrote:
Not only with the combined RB's have more yards than Taysom, but I predict that Jamaal Williams will have more yards than Taysom.

I almost put that in as an option to vote for, because I believe the same thing.
C
Cougarbib
I was going to pick Texas. I hope the RBs out rush Hill. Hill needs to last all season.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
BYU's RB/QB nearly produced as much as Texas' entire offense.
F
frdbtr
So who voted for Taysom Hill? whomever you were, you happened to be right :)
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:
So who voted for Taysom Hill? whomever you were, you happened to be right :)

Uhhh.. nope. Taysom 99 yards. BYU rushing total, 248. You can do the math... :D
F
frdbtr
BroncoBot wrote:
So who voted for Taysom Hill? whomever you were, you happened to be right :)

Uhhh.. nope. Taysom 99 yards. BYU rushing total, 248. You can do the math... :D


Oh Geez, I was thinking about Jamaal's total since I expected him to have more yards than Taysom. You are right, the RB's had more yards than taysom.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.