Archived Topic

Slobber Knocker - Poll

by Cougarbib · 9/4/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Will BYU Vs Texas be a slobber knocker, blowout, or something else. Let's define slobber knocker as a game where neither team scores more than 13 points and the game is won by 3 points or less.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
I see BYU knocking a little bit more snobber in this one. I sure wish they would suspend the DL, though.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BOID
I voted with the majority. The Long Horns have an unfortunate calamity on multiple fronts with their offense. I can't imagine them doing much offensively against BYU's more than adequate defense. BYU's offense, on the other hand, is one of the most dangerous in all of FBS, possibly on the verge of becoming juggernaut. Texas is still Texas, and will not be shut out. Although this game gives me butterflies and cold sweats, I would have to bet against Texas if my only stake in this contest was an objective wager. I can feel some sympathy for their fans. They must be in a state of despair mingled with blind hope. I predict that they fear us more right now than we fear them, which is uncharacteristic for Texas.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
I was tempted to call a shutout. I do not see Texas sustaining long drives. And, I am not sure what shape they are in snapping on field goal tries.





But



The BYU special teams play and offensive turnovers and penalties are going to give Texas a short field more than once. So Texas will score. BYU will score. Might even pick up a turnover or two themselves. Texas OL will make mistakes and penalties giving us field position. I hope one of the inexperienced players is snapping on punts and field goals.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.