Archived Topic

From bad to worse for Texas offense

by Ungoy · 9/4/2014

Advertisement
U
Ungoy
Starting OT's Desmond Harrison and Kennedy Estelle have been suspended for the BYU game for failing a drug test.



http://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2014/9/3/6104171/kennedy-estelle-desmond-harrison-dismissed-texas-longhorns-charlie-strong" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Early reports indicated they had been dismissed from the team, but now it looks like a suspension instead. Texas's offensive line is going to be swiss cheese on Saturday. They already lost their center.
U
Ungoy
From what I can tell, the Texas offensive line for Saturday has a combined 4 starts between them.



From the Texas fan boards:



"The Texas offensive line now consists of Jake Raulerson, a poster of Dan Neil, a barn cat, a rancid pickle and poem by Bill Little."
G
Gunk
I'm starting to get the sense that if we don't win this game we ought to be worried.



I like the suspension for drug use. Good on Strong.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
They already weren't going to score on us just by running the ball. Now, I honestly think they're looking for defensive or special teams scores and to try to pitch a shutout. I don't like the way this is trending because all of a sudden you get the feeling we have no excuse not to win anymore.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Wow. Still, I think we have a close one Saturday. Texas wants it, and they'll find ways to compensate.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
scott715
I wonder if Texas will be able to field a team, lol. If we win, it might not mean anything with all of their losses.
M
Mars


It appears that just about every loss is on offense, keeping their defense entirely intact. If they get 4 takeaways this week like they did last week, they'll be 2-0 to start the year.
H
Hookem
Mars wrote:


It appears that just about every loss is on offense, keeping their defense entirely intact. If they get 4 takeaways this week like they did last week, they'll be 2-0 to start the year.


Unless our young QB and depleted line give you guys an equal amount of turnovers. That's my biggest fear with the current state of the offense.



Despite how well the defense plays, having to defend a short field, and/or a pick six or two is going to sink us. If we have to play catch up due to turnovers, we're in big trouble.
B
BOID
Mars wrote:


It appears that just about every loss is on offense, keeping their defense entirely intact. If they get 4 takeaways this week like they did last week, they'll be 2-0 to start the year.


Yeah, their defense is still dangerous. They will be hoping to win with the rare defensive score while shutting us out. But I think they will be unlikely to hold us to less than 24 points. The Long Horns will need to hold us to less than 17, I think, in order to have a chance. Which poison will they pick? To drop 7 or more in coverage, or to bring the proverbial kitchen sink in rushing our back field? I worry more about the latter, and am hoping that game prep this week has been heavy on schemes to beat the blitz.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.