Archived Topic

Game atmosphere

by NDCougar · 8/30/2014

Advertisement
N
NDCougar
Did anyone else attend the game tonight? Thoughts?



It felt like a high school game with only 60% of the fans there in person at kickoff in a stadium that holds 40k. Not impressed.



Overall good win, but too many penalties and I was hoping TH would have been better throwing the ball downfield. We beat the spread and did have some positives as well next week will be big!
S
scott715
About 7,000 BYU fans I heard?
C
Cougs_Rule
Strong BYU fan contingent.

BYU scoring took fans out of the game early. Fans were dreading last year, Repeated.

BYUs kick offs looked like a high school setting, but otherwise, a lot of tailgaters came in late. So, not quite a HS setting, but a 38k seating filled only 80% wasn't spectacular.

Refs really took over this game.
A
a1247
The refs are what looked high schoolish
N
NDCougar
scott715 wrote:
About 7,000 BYU fans I heard?




I would have guessed a bigger BYU contingent, maybe 9-10k. It was more like a HS game, worse than any TX HS game I have been to. It was quiet and not close to full at kick-off. Definitely not a hostile road crowd.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I loved the B - Y - U, B - Y - U chant clearly heard over the TV. I believe it might have been after TH's last touchdown, but a shout out to those Cougar fans in the NE!
S
SpiffCoug
There was great atmosphere in the Cougar Corner den!
G
Gunk
SpiffCoug wrote:
There was great atmosphere in the Cougar Corner den!

I've added a trip to the CC den to my bucket list.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Gunk wrote:
There was great atmosphere in the Cougar Corner den!

I've added a trip to the CC den to my bucket list.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


This.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Anyone know what the attendance was and the capacity. I understand it was not a sell out but should be a well attended game for them.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
38k capacity

80% full was my guess
E
EM_Puma
Official attendance for the game was 35,150, therefore 92% capacity.
C
Cougs_Rule
They must have counted during the 3Q when UCONN got some life, bc tailgaters abounded and were late to the game and early to get back to their party when they saw Uconn looked doomed.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.