Archived Topic

Today's MVPs?

by Cougarbib · 8/29/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Stole this idea from KSL.



Offense: Hine, Hill, Leslie, or Koroma are my candidates. Hill.



Defense: Kaufusi and our other tall linebacker - Alani Fua - are my candidates. Kaufusi since I can remember his name easier.



Special Teams: Arellano or the guy that beat out The Moose are my candidates. Arellano. I do not expect much kicking or punting, but have no idea which returner to pick instead. Wait. Changed my mind. A returner will win this. Hine.



Who are your picks.



Extra credit:



Most valuable part of team. Offense. The others will struggle.



Most valuable player group. OL and receivers are my candidates. OL.
A
ABYUFAN
Cougarbib wrote:
Stole this idea from KSL.



Offense: Hine, Hill, Leslie, or Koroma are my candidates. Hill.



Defense: Kaufusi and our other tall linebacker - Alani Fua - are my candidates. Kaufusi since I can remember his name easier.



Special Teams: Arellano or the guy that beat out The Moose are my candidates. Arellano. I do not expect much kicking or punting, but have no idea which returner to pick instead. Wait. Changed my mind. A returner will win this. Hine.



Who are your picks.



Extra credit:



Most valuable part of team. Offense. The others will struggle.



Most valuable player group. OL and receivers are my candidates. OL.




Is it a breach of decorum to vote one's self the "most valuable fan?" If not, I vote for me as the most valuable fan. If so... this post never happened **waives hands**
C
craigoscarson
Stout was the most pleasant surprise and if it weren't for Hill's very solid game he'd be the MVP.



Bronson could have had a much better game but he took on the blockers like he was a 3-4 dlineman and not a linebacker; it's okay to swim inside when their QB hasn't attempted a single run Bronson. And if not... you would have had 5 sacks with the bull rush instead of trying to tiptoe around.



I'm happy we found our secondary for next year, but those guys aren't ready for Texas. Get JJ , Rob, and Harvey in the starting lineup next week. Davis and Preator weren't bad but they also weren't as good as BYUTV gave them credit for. A better QB would have chewed them up... there were plenty of open receivers.
C
Cougs_Rule
And plenty of bad drops by UCONN receivers.

THill all the way. Maybe Stout defensively. I'm worried about our Dline. Maybe it will be different with solid DBs next week. But our Dline does not look good to me--which is why Stout was defensive MVP candidate, having to stop the leaks.
A
a1247
I was impressed with Michael Alisa at linebacker, and Jordan Leslie at receiver. I was disappointed that Apo once again found his way to obscurity. Seems his career ended when Heaps left. To bad Blackman and Krutz were unable to play and demonstrate there speed against this secondary tonight.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
a1247 wrote:
I was impressed with Michael Alisa at linebacker, and Jordan Leslie at receiver. I was disappointed that Apo once again found his way to obscurity. Seems his career ended when Heaps left. To bad Blackman and Krutz were unable to play and demonstrate there speed against this secondary tonight.


Apo's career seemed to end right after Heaps strung him out over the middle twice for concussions. Even Jake went away from Apo after Nelson discovered Hoffman.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
craigoscarson wrote:
Stout was the most pleasant surprise and if it weren't for Hill's very solid game he'd be the MVP.


Amen.
S
Schmoe
EM_Puma wrote:
Stout was the most pleasant surprise and if it weren't for Hill's very solid game he'd be the MVP.


Amen.


Is it too soon to make burrito jokes?
M
mtnradio
Jurgens was another nice surprise for this team. Another nice surprise was no false starts for the O-line (I realize that's a little off topic ...)
M
Mars


I noticed Bronson a lot more than I noticed Stout. Thought Fua had a great game. Lasike played great (for a guy that didn't know how to put on his pads when he first started).



Gameball goes to Taysom, but my MVP runner-up would be Koroma.



Surprise of the night? Pearson.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.