Archived Topic

Navy: best dressed team in the country

by hawkwing · 8/28/2014

Advertisement
G
Guest
I think these Navy uniforms are absolutely stunning.



https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwIb-lmCYAEK2JC.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
Agreed. They look great. It's interesting that the Navy Academy went with Under Armour. Looks like a wise choice. The end result is great.



UA is making serious inroads into the NCAA uniform realm. If I'm not mistaken, UA also has the contract for Note Dame's uniforms in 2014 - and they signed a massive multi-year contract.
D
Ddawg
Here's an interesting USA Today list ~



Notre Dame Uniforms No. 4 In USA Today Poll

Aug 25, 12:36 PM



The 10 best uniforms in college football

1.Oregon

2. Michigan

3. Texas

4. Notre Dame

5. Auburn

6. Georgia

7. USC

8. Alabama

9. Boise State

10. Ohio State



http://notredame.247sports.com/Bolt/Notre-Dame-uniforms-No-4-in-USA-Today-poll-30555878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Sooooo ....... what happened to BYU? :whistle:
A
ABYUFAN
Ddawg wrote:
Here's an interesting USA Today list ~



Notre Dame Uniforms No. 4 In USA Today Poll

Aug 25, 12:36 PM



The 10 best uniforms in college football

1.Oregon

2. Michigan

3. Texas

4. Notre Dame

5. Auburn

6. Georgia

7. USC

8. Alabama

9. Boise State

10. Ohio State



http://notredame.247sports.com/Bolt/Notre-Dame-uniforms-No-4-in-USA-Today-poll-30555878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Sooooo ....... what happened to BYU? :whistle:




Yep those UA folks and thier fancy "Utah spiderweb mountains" on the sleves of the Ute jerseys. It would be interesting to see how they could have screwed up our uniforms. We already suffered through the bibs, let's not do anything like that again!
N
NDCougar
Not a fan at all of the uni's! I am more of a traditionalist, I like tweeks but not all out changes.



Heck, I even wish BYU stuck to navy blue.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Yeah, I don't care at all for Notre Dame's look, Oregon looks like a neon factory vomitted, and Utah's is new look is the most amateurish uniform I've ever seen in my life. But Navy, wow!
D
Ddawg
Just did a little research - both Navy and Notre Dame signed 10 year deals with Under Armour. The Utah uni's - I don't care for. I guess I'm more traditional.



Good post Hawk.
S
Schmoe
Ddawg wrote:
Here's an interesting USA Today list ~



Notre Dame Uniforms No. 4 In USA Today Poll

Aug 25, 12:36 PM



The 10 best uniforms in college football

1.Oregon

2. Michigan

3. Texas

4. Notre Dame

5. Auburn

6. Georgia

7. USC

8. Alabama

9. Boise State

10. Ohio State



http://notredame.247sports.com/Bolt/Notre-Dame-uniforms-No-4-in-USA-Today-poll-30555878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Sooooo ....... what happened to BYU? :whistle:


Given about half the schools on this list, I'm not at all disappointed BYU's not on there.
E
EM_Puma
As we've learned about polls, they can be skewed by fan bases. What you like personally is individualized. I'm don't dislike the Navy uni's, but they don't float my boat (no pun intended). I'm not a fan of where there is a lot of white. It's cool that they look like a Navy dress coat, but beyond that I'm not impressed.
R
redneckjedi
The two-tone lids ruined it for me. The rest looks pretty good.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Just pointing out the sleeves also display rank. I'm assuming they have the right rank for the individual players on each uniform.
N
NDCougar
hawkwing wrote:
Yeah, I don't care at all for Notre Dame's look, Oregon looks like a neon factory vomitted, and Utah's is new look is the most amateurish uniform I've ever seen in my life. But Navy, wow!


I am not a fan of ND's uni's for their "Shamrock Series" game. The rest of the season will look almost exactly like they have always looked.



To another poster, yes ND signed a deal with UA (supposedly the most lucrative deal in college sports, but no verification.....but not surprising). Most ND people are not exactly happy with the quality of the product, very low budget.
B
BoiseBYU
Looking classy as they get pounded by ND is perhaps a tad better than looking booring and getting pounded
G
Guest
http://evanwolkenstein.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/remember-fernando-lamas-snl-demotivational-posters-12946912781.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stuckinbig10country
I think the uniforms are pretty sweet. I like when teams change up the uni's.



I'm also not surprised that Navy with with UA. UA is a Maryland company. The Naval Academy is in Maryland.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
BoiseBYU wrote:
Looking classy as they get pounded by ND is perhaps a tad better than looking booring and getting pounded

Doesn't matter how you do as long as you look good doing it.
W
wahdee
I hope Navy knows that according to NCAA rule 1-4-5s, visors must be clear and free from tint, and they must be made of material that is molded and rigid. If a player is found using an illegal visor, his team is charged with a timeout, and the player must leave the game until the violation is fixed.

Talk about your long T.V time out to change all the players visors if they come out with those on! ;)
S
stuckinbig10country
wahdee wrote:
I hope Navy knows that according to NCAA rule 1-4-5s, visors must be clear and free from tint, and they must be made of material that is molded and rigid. If a player is found using an illegal visor, his team is charged with a timeout, and the player must leave the game until the violation is fixed.

Talk about your long T.V time out to change all the players visors if they come out with those on! ;)


If you look at the BYU photos for promotional items, they also have the dark visor...It's to cover the player's likeness, kind of.



(and yes, I know the wahdee's post was in humor)
C
Cougarbib
Buy Under Armour stock. Mine went up over $10K in July.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Cougarbib wrote:
Buy Under Armour stock. Mine went up over $10K in July.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


http://hoosegowsoft.3dn.ru/Kartinki/logo.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.