Archived Topic

Prediction Game Time!!! Get your UCONN predictions in!!

by snoscythe · 8/26/2014

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Remember to enter your predictions for the UCONN game before kickoff on Friday evening:



http://www.cougarcorner.com/game_predictions.php?sportid=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Bragging rights and a year's free subscription to the forums is on the line!!
S
snoscythe
Last reminder (at least from me) to get your predictions entered in before kickoff tonight!
M
Manasseh
Povey is a joke a saftey.. Why is nacua not starting ? Coaches gotta play the best kids not there family ..



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
sage
I know the game is over but I predict a 35-10 win for BYU. If we hadn't given the ball back with penalties when we took it from them, I would have been wrong.
R
rblack
The scoring for the prediction game shows Connecticut having more sacks. Final box score shows BYU having more.

http://byucougars.com/files/byuvsuconn.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Advertisement
G
Guest
Apologies, I've corrected it. I got the sack numbers for the game right after it finished from Yahoo sports and either they had it backwards or I dyslexia'd it. Either way, it's fixed now.
C
coachK
For future consideration. I'd like to see points awarded for spread. We get points for predicting the score of each team individually. It wouldn't even require having to add a new field, just award up to 10 points for having the point differential right.
G
Guest
coachK wrote:
For future consideration. I'd like to see points awarded for spread. We get points for predicting the score of each team individually. It wouldn't even require having to add a new field, just award up to 10 points for having the point differential right.


So you're saying that if someone predicted 35-10 or 25-0 or 45-20 as the score they'd get 10 points for having a 25 point spread, right?
C
coachK
Correct. So by picking 31-6 I would get (6+6+10) 22 points and someone that picked 14-10 would get (0+10+0) 10 points. Seems a little more fair than me getting 12 and them getting 10 when 31-6 is a much better pick than 14-10. Don't you think?
G
Guest
coachK wrote:
Correct. So by picking 31-6 I would get (6+6+10) 22 points and someone that picked 14-10 would get (0+10+0) 10 points. Seems a little more fair than me getting 12 and them getting 10 when 31-6 is a much better pick than 14-10. Don't you think?

I'm open to the idea, but I've got to hear demand from others as well to take the time to add that.
Advertisement
M
Mars
hawkwing wrote:
I'm open to the idea, but I've got to hear demand from others as well to take the time to add that.

Demand! Haha.



I wouldn't want it as a replacement, just as an addition.
S
snoscythe
http://www.idontwannagrowup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/funny-baby-mother-supply-demand-shirts.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
In one picture Sno has out-rivaled half the Econ 101 professors out there. "Demand is infinite, it is the supply that matters" to quote Peter Schiff.



I am also for the spread point calculation, but not if it requires an inordinate amount of work... I mean, you ARE working for peanuts, so...
C
Cougarbib
Either way is fine.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
For what it's worth, I like it the way it is.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.