Archived Topic

Miami Picks Freshman as Starter

by Cougarbib · 8/25/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
This was a bit of a surprise given earlier comments by the coach. Must have looked better in live scrimmage.
W
Wolverine
Meh......move it to Hurricane Corner. That ship has long since sailed. Can't wait til Friday night. Go Cougars!
C
Cougarbib
I was excited to see Louisville play him. My best friend's son is a grad assistant coach there and also played against Jake and Riley back in the QB2 days.



I would bet that Louisville would have blitzed and blitzed and blitzed.



I have been impressed with how Jake has handled media interviews and leadership at Miami. I had hoped he would rise up a bit as a 5th year senior. Not enough to beat Louisville - but right after that game.



The season is not over. Who knows what will happen with a true freshman.



Jake was held out of the last scrimmage to "rest his arm." Given this announcement, he was probably held out to give the freshman starter reps and one last look before Miami announced the decision.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stuckinbig10country
I'm not worried about Jake. He's going to leave college with a graduate degree and no student loan debt. that's pretty awesome.



He may be the poster child for not paying recruits/players. #1 QB in the nation would be getting some nice money to come to an institution, and then 3 schools later, doesn't pan out.
C
Cougarbib
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I'm not worried about Jake. He's going to leave college with a graduate degree and no student loan debt. that's pretty awesome.



He may be the poster child for not paying recruits/players. #1 QB in the nation would be getting some nice money to come to an institution, and then 3 schools later, doesn't pan out.


BS Degree from KU with a Masters Degree from University of Miami also having studied at BYU is not a bad Pedigree at all - especially if majors and emphasis were thoughtfully chosen.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.