Archived Topic

Jim McMahon into the Hall this Fall?

by snoscythe · 8/20/2014

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Anyone know for sure if Jimmy Mac is getting into the BYU hall this fall? I know he tweeted he was done with his credits and off to celebrate in Cabo back in April, and the DesNews did a story on how hard he worked to graduate.



But now I see an August 11 tweet where he says "Working hard to finish my credits@BYUcougars @BYU @BYUfootball @TomHolmoe", which indicates it wasn't as done as it appeared in April.



Anyone know what the true status is for Jim? Did that stats class end up not being a pass?
N
nuk13
I had the unique opportunity of meeting Mel Olsen when my nephew blessed his baby in Orem. Elder Olsen and his wife are serving as missionaries in that stake. I figured out who he was and he ended up inviting us to see BYU's hall of fame. He mentioned that McMahon is close to getting his degree which he needs, I guess, to be in the hall officially. I wish him the best of luck. One might ask why he'd bother if he didn't like BYU. I'm guessing there's been some changes in attitude. One thing hasn't changed, he provided some of the most exciting minutes of BYU football.



For those who don't remember Elder Olsen, he came out of Star Valley and first played lb and after a knee injury switched to center. He then coached for 20 years or so. He's a great guy.



Oh yes E. Olsen told us not to look out the window because of a closed practice. I strained as hard as I could and saw a pass from a green shirt and then the whole bunch trotted off the field and took with them my only chance for insider information.
E
EM_Puma
Tom Holmoe reported in the BYU Education Week session that McMahon was "working on completion." It didn't sound like he was quite completed with all the requirements.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.