M
mizzoucougI watched the UW bowl game again, trying to recall the most glaring weaknesses vs our toughest opponents last year. My question is have they been addressed via recruiting and development?
Yeck was frequently abused as a LT. I don't see him any better than 2nd string right now according to depth charts. I am going to assume that's good news.
Lack of athleticism at WR & TE. In watching these games, the opponent's D never had to worry about anyone but Cody and we all knew it. You blanket him with 2 DB's and man cover the rest while stacking the line. That's a recipe for getting shut down, which they did often.
Taysom needs more time and accuracy for sure, but I'll tell you what, there was no deep threat who could seriously punish anyone. Most routes against the top teams were underneath and those routes were often blown up. I pray that Leslie, Blackmon, Kurtz (eventually), and Dye can be that threat we have been missing since Collie. This year's team has got to be able to stretch the field.
Special Teams were atrocious in the bowl game. I don't know how to fix that one...
Yeck was frequently abused as a LT. I don't see him any better than 2nd string right now according to depth charts. I am going to assume that's good news.
Lack of athleticism at WR & TE. In watching these games, the opponent's D never had to worry about anyone but Cody and we all knew it. You blanket him with 2 DB's and man cover the rest while stacking the line. That's a recipe for getting shut down, which they did often.
Taysom needs more time and accuracy for sure, but I'll tell you what, there was no deep threat who could seriously punish anyone. Most routes against the top teams were underneath and those routes were often blown up. I pray that Leslie, Blackmon, Kurtz (eventually), and Dye can be that threat we have been missing since Collie. This year's team has got to be able to stretch the field.
Special Teams were atrocious in the bowl game. I don't know how to fix that one...

