Archived Topic

Fall Injuries

by mizzoucoug · 8/9/2014

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
So it begins...



Kurtz out 6-8 weeks. We have depth here so it's not devastating, but I was really looking forward to watching him more than any other receiver.
B
BroncoBot
mizzoucoug wrote:
So it begins...



Kurtz out 6-8 weeks. We have depth here so it's not devastating, but I was really looking forward to watching him more than any other receiver.

Anyone know what bone he fractured? 5th metatarsal? navicula? calcaneus?

That's really too bad. I also was looking forward to seeing him play this year.
N
nuk13
BroncoBot wrote:
So it begins...



Kurtz out 6-8 weeks. We have depth here so it's not devastating, but I was really looking forward to watching him more than any other receiver.

Anyone know what bone he fractured? 5th metatarsal? navicula? calcaneus?

That's really too bad. I also was looking forward to seeing him play this year.


That's an impressive knowledge of anatomy. The other guys are going to have to fill in but I also believe it's there.
C
Cougarbib
mizzoucoug wrote:
So it begins...



Kurtz out 6-8 weeks. We have depth here so it's not devastating, but I was really looking forward to watching him more than any other receiver.


It began long before this. Several players were held out in the Spring due to injury or recovery from prior injury or surgery. Then, there have been several reports of players being held out due to nagging injuries.



Articles yesterday listed about 10 players with injury and / or academic or suspension potential.



There are at least 10. Kurtz has one of the longest recovery times. There are some big names impacted.



Potential Starters Kurtz, Williams, Kaufusi, Stout, Pikula, Bills, Daniel, Leavitt, Yeck, and 2 potentially suspended corners. Matthews, Leslie, Apo, Mahina, Kanuch, and others have been mentioned. Wesley was helped off the field yesterday - nothing serious.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.