Archived Topic

Lady Soccer 2014

by scott715 · 8/8/2014

Advertisement
S
SkystheLimit
The season started out pretty rough, but MAN have those girls found their rhythm. Hatch, Murphy, Fernandez are da bomb. I wish Thornock was getting more playing time though. She has been so good in her career and works so hard when she gets in the game.
S
SkystheLimit
So, Pepperdine tied Gonzaga today. If I read the points correctly, as long as BYU wins against St Mary's and Pacific, even if they lose at Pepperdine, they should still win the conference championship. Someone check me on this, please. Here is the link to the standings:

http://www.wccsports.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
scott715
Yes. win 2 of 3 locks up first. They are playing well now. We are ranked again and in great shape to get into the NCAAs. Last 3 are on the road. Started the season rough until they figured out the team (very young team).



We should be very good next year. Probably even better.
S
SkystheLimit
So excited to repeat a third year in a row as WCC Champions. We have such a great team, and we have the potential to go far in the Tournament.



I agree that next year we are going to be even better. Paige Hunt will return, so the loss of Annie Amos won't sting as much. We lose Fernandez, but I am excited to see what Nadia Gomes will do as a sophomore. Hannah Clark appears to be our goal keeper since Kaufusi is having to end her career, so that is our only real question mark, but she looks like, with a little more time, should be pretty good. And she's tall. Can Hatch GET any better? And we have both Hatch and Murph for two more years. Imagine a combo of Hatch, Murphy and Gomes as our forwards, with Nimmer, Phillips and Madeiros as our mids, and Hunt, Chambers, Isom and Bingham as our back line (I have to admit, I like Bingham over Calton on the back line). Chambers has really turned out to be a strong defender. I love her speed in the backfield. We keep all of our midfielders, who have been really good. Overall our passing has been crisp and precise. I imagine we will be just as good, if not better next year. Who will step up and be the surprise bright spot next year? We have SO much talent on the roster. Even if we have a few mission-bound players, I don't think it will hurt us. In fact, we have so much depth, some of the girls may want to redshirt.
Advertisement
S
scott715
I wonder what recruits we have coming in too. Is Hatch's sister coming next year?
S
SkystheLimit
Disappointing loss against Colorado. They obviously struggled with the weather and, unfortunately, didn't play their best game. Another mistake by Calton that set up a goal for the opposing team.



The announcers mentioned that four players were leaving on missions after this season. Any ideas who those four are?
S
SkystheLimit
According to Sarah Chambers' dad, Ella Johnson, Rachel Bingham and Kaci Griffin are three of the four going on missions. He's not sure about the fourth. It's great they are going on missions, but I was hoping Bingham would start on defense next year. I think she is better than Calton, who has made some pretty unfortunate mistakes.
Advertisement
S
SkystheLimit
This young woman has committed to play for BYU this next year.



Safe hands: Lone Peak goalkeeper Cassidy Smith catches 2014 Deseret News Ms. Soccer award

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865615917/?user=app" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
scott715
Are either of her sisters coming to the Y?
S
SkystheLimit
I believe they are playing for other schools. I don't think they were recruited by BYU.
S
SkystheLimit
So, I guess my previous post wasn't quite correct. Cassidy is, in fact, planning to play for BYU, but she is walking on. I certainly can't imagine why they wouldn't offer her a scholarship, since she we need goal keepers and she appears to be pretty darn good. They must have someone else they have recruited. The other two sisters will play for BYU-Hawaii.
Advertisement
S
SkystheLimit
Sabrina Macias has committed to play for BYU this next season at Goalkeeper:



http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/teams/68833268/29734760-68833327/38940521.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Cassidy Smith also has committed to walk on for BYU as a Goalkeeper. I was unable find any information on her.



I also understand Ashley Hatch's little sister has committed to play for BYU this next year.
S
SkystheLimit
I saw that article, but it was from 2013 and the list of commits that I saw didn't have her on it. The info I saw about her also said she was just a verbal commitment.
S
SkystheLimit
Wade and Mikayla Colohan are future players I guess. Not this year, based on an article I found. Wade is current a freshman and Colohan a sophomore, both at Davis High.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.