Archived Topic

What's up with Mark Durrant's "big announcement"?

by Cougs_Rule · 8/6/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Will someone who tweets tell that dude to stick to his usual schtick of clever quips?



His conspicuous and ridiculous little self-promotion stunt to get followers is sophomoric and pretty transparent.
G
Guest
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Will someone who tweets tell that dude to stick to his usual schtick of clever quips?



His conspicuous and ridiculous little self-promotion stunt to get followers is sophomoric and pretty transparent.

I think preseason anxiety is starting to get to you my brother. It's okay, we'll get through this together.
A
ABYUFAN
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Will someone who tweets tell that dude to stick to his usual schtick of clever quips?



His conspicuous and ridiculous little self-promotion stunt to get followers is sophomoric and pretty transparent.

For what its worth, Ive found it pretty funny. But I have to admit that I hope that he doesn't get 100 retweets to see where he goes with that.
F
frdbtr
I think that is hilarious and classic Mark Durrant. I don't see how anyone could take offense to it.
C
Cougs_Rule
I didnt take offense I just think it is moronic.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
and apparently, someone else did as well. Or, he's just increasing his moron quotient. just tweeted below.



1m

Mark Durrant @DurrantMark

Sorry everyone. My Twitter account was hacked.
A
ABYUFAN
Ha ha ha you'll need to re-title this thread:



What's up with Mark Durrant's big "announcement"?



Btw he and I graduated the same year. He was fun to watch
C
Cougs_Rule
ABYUFAN wrote:
Ha ha ha you'll need to re-title this thread:



What's up with Mark Durrant's big "announcement"?



Btw he and I graduated the same year. He was fun to watch


funny. yes, loved to watch him play. he got the most out of one of the least athletic guys i have seen in at least 20 years. tough dude. now a funny fat guy.....bordering on high school girl equivalency with this stunt........"please everybody, LIKE ME." :roll:
D
Ddawg
Durrant's best tweet about his "Big Announcement" -

"On a scale of one to ten, it is big."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
C
Cougs_Rule
Either he reads CC or he has taken serious flack from others.



14m

Mark Durrant @DurrantMark

OFFICIAL STATEMENT: I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone with my big announcement tweets. I take my role as a tweeter very seriously.



16m

Mark Durrant @DurrantMark

Those tweets are not indicative of who I am as a twitterer or person. I apologize to my family for any embarrassment my tweets have caused.





Maybe he needs to "leave the game" like Dustin Johnson to get some treatment. Kind of like taking my kids away frm video games.



Hey mark. We love ya. get some help and then come back to the game you love. We will miss your clever quips.
Advertisement
M
Mars
frdbtr wrote:
I think that is hilarious and classic Mark Durrant. I don't see how anyone could take offense to it.

Exactly. Furthermore, his apology tweets are also meant to be funny. He's a snarky one. I like it!
G
Gunk
Hilarious! Especially with Vai always sending cryptic Tweets of big news...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Gunk wrote:
Hilarious! Especially with Vai always sending cryptic Tweets of big news...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


OK, it's possible that I might be slow. If He's really being snarky and mocking Vai, then Credit him. But what about the while serious tweet?
B
BroncoBot
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Hilarious! Especially with Vai always sending cryptic Tweets of big news...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


OK, it's possible that I might be slow. If He's really being snarky and mocking Vai, then Credit him. But what about the while serious tweet?

I always felt it was a jab at social media and the way people seem to always be dangling that "big news/announcement" out there to get more eyes on their account. hence his "adjusting website for all the new followers with the big new coming" tweet. Good stuff, and probably got him some eyes on his account.
G
Gunk
BroncoBot wrote:
Gunk wrote:
Hilarious! Especially with Vai always sending cryptic Tweets of big news...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


OK, it's possible that I might be slow. If He's really being snarky and mocking Vai, then Credit him. But what about the while serious tweet?

I always felt it was a jab at social media and the way people seem to always be dangling that "big news/announcement" out there to get more eyes on their account. hence his "adjusting website for all the new followers with the big new coming" tweet. Good stuff, and probably got him some eyes on his account.

We're all chatting about him...so it's working.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Anyone who thinks Mark was begging for attention or followers with his "big announcement" doesn't know him very well. This was not a publicity stunt. It was Mark being Mark. He has a twisted sense of humor. Oh and by the way, seconds after he posted that he had a "big announcement" soon, he posted the word ANNOUNCEMENT all in caps....get it... Big ANNOUNCEMENT. Seriously, get a sense of humor, he was just being a smart alec.
D
Ddawg
frdbtr wrote:
Anyone who thinks Mark was begging for attention or followers with his "big announcement" doesn't know him very well. This was not a publicity stunt. It was Mark being Mark. He has a twisted sense of humor. Oh and by the way, seconds after he posted that he had a "big announcement" soon, he posted the word ANNOUNCEMENT all in caps....get it... Big ANNOUNCEMENT. Seriously, get a sense of humor, he was just being a smart alec.


But it's so challenging to have a quick-witted sense of humor. It takes so much effort.

;)
G
Guest
Ddawg wrote:
Anyone who thinks Mark was begging for attention or followers with his "big announcement" doesn't know him very well. This was not a publicity stunt. It was Mark being Mark. He has a twisted sense of humor. Oh and by the way, seconds after he posted that he had a "big announcement" soon, he posted the word ANNOUNCEMENT all in caps....get it... Big ANNOUNCEMENT. Seriously, get a sense of humor, he was just being a smart alec.


But it's so challenging to have a quick-witted sense of humor. It takes so much effort.

;)


Tell me about it!
B
BYULV
Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever read a serious tweet from Him.
C
Cougs_Rule
Even so, clearly he has a issue with someone. And why go to the extent of invoking the name of his family in his "apology"? And if he is mocking Vai, then man up and confront. I usually like his quips, but he went to conspicuous lengths to drive his point home. Either way, he still needs to maintain some credibility, and he has lost some with me--not that he cares. its There sure seems to be more in play than just trying to be a funny guy.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.