Archived Topic

What's more likely

by SpiffCoug · 7/31/2014

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Similar to our over/under and buy/see about about more likely?



Answer my question one way or the other, give a reason why and ask a new one.



What is more likely in the 2014 football season for BYU?



Taysom Hill passes for 35 TDs or Jamaal Williams rushes for 1,500 yards ?



Context: there have been 4 seasons with 35 passing TDs and 1 season with 1,500 yards rushing.
M
mormonrasta
1,500 yards by Williams.



Our offense will hopefully remain run focused. If Jamal can average 5.5 ypc this year (he averaged 5.7 last year), then he needs 21 carries per game to get to 1500.



I don't see a QB who completed 39% of his passes inside the 20 last year to suddenly improve to 35 TD passes.
S
stuckinbig10country
1,500 yards by Williams.



I'm not sure he'll get there, but it's more likely. I do see Taysom with 25 passing TD's and 10 rushing ones for a total of 35 though.



Which is more likely for the upcoming season?



Bronson Kaufusi with 12 sacks or Bronson Kaufusi with 3 INT's?
C
cougdoc
12 sacks. BK isn't a DB being asked to play LB, he is a DL by trade (hey, I'm in the medical field; abbreviations are what we do). Plus, I've heard some speculation that the 2-5-4 alignment may be fairly common this year. When that happens, Bronson is the logical choice to scoot up to the line and rush the edge.



Which is more likely for the upcoming season?



HIll averages 60% completions or BYU has a 75% touchdown success rate inside the blue zone?
F
frdbtr
cougdoc wrote:
12 sacks. BK isn't a DB being asked to play LB, he is a DL by trade (hey, I'm in the medical field; abbreviations are what we do). Plus, I've heard some speculation that the 2-5-4 alignment may be fairly common this year. When that happens, Bronson is the logical choice to scoot up to the line and rush the edge.



Which is more likely for the upcoming season?



HIll averages 60% completions or BYU has a 75% touchdown success rate inside the blue zone?


This one is a no brainer. 60%. Write it down, Hill will pass for 60%+ this year.



What is more likely, the DB's get 12 interceptions this year, or the offensive line only gives up 12 sacks.
Advertisement
U
Ungoy
The O-line hasn't been great at protection in recent years. However, BYU only had 13 INT's all last season, so 12 by the DB's alone seems unlikely. I go with 12 sacks.



What's more likely, BYU loses against UCONN or BYU blows out Texas 2 years in a row?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.