Archived Topic

Sltrib KC Interview

by Qman · 7/30/2014

Advertisement
Q
Qman
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/58243093-65/collinsworth-really-byu-lot.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


"Well, I am a little bit older, because of the mission. I plan on having a big year, and if I do, if the opportunities come, I will take them. So, I am not committed to four years. I am not going to say I am going to leave early, but if the opportunity comes, I will take it. .. If there are people predicting me to be a first-round draft pick, then I will go," he said.


Collinsworth knows he has the athleticism needed to play profession al basketball, but his shooting really needs to improve — especially his free-throw shooting. To that end, he said he’s been working with a shot doctor of sorts — Kirk Miles — to improve his percentages from the charity stripe and the field.



"I have spent a ton of time on free-throw shooting," he said. "I have a new routine, and have been working with different people, so I am excited. I have a shooting coach that I am working with right now, Kirk Miles. He gives me a different perspective. He’s been really good."


Sorry to be the one to say so Kyle, but there is very little chance of you being projected a first round pick this year. In fact most experts would put you as undrafted. You have average NBA athletic ability. As a 6'6" guy that is pretty good but you have to learn how to shoot really well.
G
Gunk
KC has always had a lot of "swagger."



He should pattern his game after Kawhi Leonard, course that's hard to do when you're playing the wrong position. No way he is first round material and I highly doubt he ever will be. Ask yourself who the better player is Kawhi or KC? Kawhi was the 15th pick.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Haters.
B
Brayden Green
I like the idea of a player saying exactly what he thinks. Hopefully his drive for excellence and fame will be a force for good in his game. He is playing the wrong position, as has been mentioned, and that will hurt his draft stock. Collinsworth isn't Russell Westbrook. He is a potentially better version of Gordon Hayward. He works best when the ball is in his hands at the wings, not the top of the key.
Q
Qman
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I like the idea of a player saying exactly what he thinks. Hopefully his drive for excellence and fame will be a force for good in his game. He is playing the wrong position, as has been mentioned, and that will hurt his draft stock. Collinsworth isn't Russell Westbrook. He is a potentially better version of Gordon Hayward. He works best when the ball is in his hands at the wings, not the top of the key.


I hope KC makes it. Hayward is a better athlete and bigger. Hayward's jumper is better.



KC seems more like a less athletic Evan Turner to me.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
Qman wrote:
I like the idea of a player saying exactly what he thinks. Hopefully his drive for excellence and fame will be a force for good in his game. He is playing the wrong position, as has been mentioned, and that will hurt his draft stock. Collinsworth isn't Russell Westbrook. He is a potentially better version of Gordon Hayward. He works best when the ball is in his hands at the wings, not the top of the key.


I hope KC makes it. Hayward is a better athlete and bigger. Hayward's jumper is better.



KC seems more like a less athletic Evan Turner to me.


I would say that his offense has better upside than Hayward, provided he gets a jumper.



He has a pretty smooth crossover and a good first step. He is elite as a slasher and finisher. Everything else about his game is not elite, yet.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.