Archived Topic

QBs Who Have a New No. 1 WR Target in 2014

by scott715 · 7/30/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2142095-20-college-football-qbs-who-have-a-new-no-1-wr-target-in-2014/page/10



QBs Who Have a New No. 1 WR Target in 2014



I can't agree with that.


Do you agree with any of it?



Hill will have a new #1.

Matthews when healthy probably was the next best receiver of the nearly zero returning

Passing productivity in the Blue Zone did tail off after he was injured - that is a fact - the author may have implied but did not state that this was the sole reason. Obviously, SOS was a factor.

Leslie is the only other proven D1 receiver unless you think Apollo has proven anything

yes - we have 3 transfers and a speedy WR turned DB turned WR who may step up and surprise, but it is certainly not clear which one will and there are not enough reps for all of them to do so.



I assume you agree that there will be a new #1 - undeniable fact. Who do you think it will be. Pick 1.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
WR's are a big question mark no matter how you look at it. W/O Hoffman the only other known quantities are Apo and Matthews. "Soft" is the best way to describe the former and "broken" the latter.



We all have high hopes for Kurtz and Leslie, and then also for Dye, Blackmon, and Davis. On paper a lot of things look good, but can these guys catch? Are they afraid to get hit? How is their route running? Separation? Is one of them a Watkins? I hope there are some diamonds in there, but we just don't know. I wish I could make it to a practice to find out.
S
scott715
Too many unknowns still. Leslie is the best bet at this point. He's proven and experienced. Holiday knows him well too.
S
Stirfry
It will be Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed) He finally got his shoulder fixed (by a different surgeon that I was told was surprised by what he saw) and he knows the offense. The guy has been hurt the last two years which to me makes him broken and not soft. Now he's fixed and has a QB that can throw the ball which he didn't have after Heaps was benched. He was great with Heaps and then he's either had Reilly throwing to him or he's been injured.



Its the year of the Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed)
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Stirfry wrote:
It will be Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed) He finally got his shoulder fixed (by a different surgeon that I was told was ) and he knows the offense. The guy has been hurt the last two years which to me makes him broken and not soft. Now he's fixed and has a QB that can throw the ball which he didn't have after Heaps was benched. He was great with Heaps and then he's either had Reilly throwing to him or he's been injured.



Its the year of the Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed)

Is it just me or does BYU have poor team surgeons? It always seems like our guys are constantly needing additional sugery for the same injuries.
S
Stirfry
SpiffCoug wrote:
It will be Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed) He finally got his shoulder fixed (by a different surgeon that I was told was ) and he knows the offense. The guy has been hurt the last two years which to me makes him broken and not soft. Now he's fixed and has a QB that can throw the ball which he didn't have after Heaps was benched. He was great with Heaps and then he's either had Reilly throwing to him or he's been injured.



Its the year of the Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed)

Is it just me or does BYU have poor team surgeons? It always seems like our guys are constantly needing additional sugery for the same injuries.


It's not just you. I'm good friends with someone you worked with one of the "other surgeons" who worked on some of the higher profile athletes and they claimed there was a big rift with Bronco and the team docs concerning their ability. However, I'm sure there was some bias as it was basically a Ford guy talking about a Chevy truck.
C
Cougarbib
Stirfry wrote:
It will be Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed) He finally got his shoulder fixed (by a different surgeon that I was told was surprised by what he saw) and he knows the offense. The guy has been hurt the last two years which to me makes him broken and not soft. Now he's fixed and has a QB that can throw the ball which he didn't have after Heaps was benched. He was great with Heaps and then he's either had Reilly throwing to him or he's been injured.



Its the year of the Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed)


Injured Finger. 2010.

Looked great with Heaps until Heaps twice hung him out to dry over the middle - concussions 2011

2012 - Shoulder - dogging it on routes

2013 - Shoulder - dogging routes - drops

2014 - We will see



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.