Archived Topic

Jimmer to Pelicans

by snoscythe · 7/18/2014

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
....and then the Pelicans sign John Salmons in echoes of Sacramento.
D
Ddawg
I was pretty disappointed to see Jimmer sitting on the bench with the Bulls. I believe he could have made a positive contribution. Even though the Pelicans are not the caliber of the Bulls, I think Jimmer will have a greater opportunity to play and make his mark. He can definitely pour the points in if given a chance to play. I think the Pelicans is a golden opportunity for Jimmer.



P.S. Even though I think the team name is goofy (Pelican. Right up there with the Beaver), the logo is pretty cool looking.
S
SpiffCoug
Jimmer signed on with a very poor agent.
D
Ddawg
SpiffCoug wrote:

Jimmer signed on with a very poor agent.


Just curious - why does Jimmer have a poor agent? Because he only got a 1 year deal from the Pelicans for League min? Or was it because he landed with the Pelicans? Personally, I think the Pelicans are a great opportunity for Jimmer to show his skills. I loved him being in Chicago, but, he was getting no playing time.



Remember - Mongo not smart. Thx!
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Because it seems Jimmer's agent has yet to land him in a situation where Jimmer will actually be given a chance. I'm not sold on the Pelicans being a place where he'll get a chance when they sign a guy taking Jimmer's minutes in Sacramento AFTER they sign Jimmer.
D
Ddawg
Ok. That makes sense. Thank you.
G
Guest
I've come to accept that Jimmer's time in the NBA is over. I hope he enjoys playing over seas.
S
scott715
Well he has another year in the NBA. This will be break or make year.
G
Guest
scott715 wrote:
Well he has another year in the NBA. This will be break or make year.

I understand he's signed for another year. It won't make a difference.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
hawkwing wrote:
Well he has another year in the NBA. This will be break or make year.

I understand he's signed for another year. It won't make a difference.

It will only make a difference if he's given an opportunity to actually play. But I'm not sure he'll get that in NO.
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
Jimmer signed on with a very poor agent.

Not sure his agent could have done much better. Jimmer is a middle of the road white dude who is fighting a perception of "no defense and not athletic enough". Jimmer may have lost his shot at the NBA when he isaiah thomas burst onto the scene in sac-town and Jimmer, for the most part, rode the pine.
D
Ddawg
I hope it's true - that Jimmer will finally be given a chance - hopefully.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Looking good for Jimmer -



NBA Preseason tonight - Pelicans 98 vs Heat 86. Jimmer lit it up with 17 pts.



Fredette Helps Pelicans Top Heat in Preseason Game

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Oct 4, 2014



Jimmer Fredette scored 17 points and Luke Babbitt added 15 to lead the New Orleans Pelicans to a 98-86 victory over the Miami Heat on Saturday night in the preseason opener for both teams.



http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/fredette-helps-pelicans-top-heat-preseason-game-25970203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
Schmoe
I think what's even more encouraging is that he got 30 minutes, no fouls, and was positive in his assist-turnover ratio. Keep it up, Jimmer, we believe in you!
S
Schmoe
Jimmer's stats from the last two games:



vs. Atlanta: 16 mins, 50% shooting, 10 pts, 3 reb, 2 ast, 1 block, 1 TO, No fouls.



vs. Washington: 20 mins, 50% shooting, 13 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, 1 TO, 3 fouls.



Leads the team in shooting percentage and scoring average through 3 games.
S
stuckinbig10country
All Jimmer has to do to get 12 to 16 minutes a night is beat out Rivers. He'll beat out Rivers.



The coach in New Orleans has to win this year or he's gone. Especially given Anthony Davis's development and dominance during the World Cup.
D
Ddawg
Schmoe wrote:
Jimmer's stats from the last two games:



vs. Atlanta: 16 mins, 50% shooting, 10 pts, 3 reb, 2 ast, 1 block, 1 TO, No fouls.



vs. Washington: 20 mins, 50% shooting, 13 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, 1 TO, 3 fouls.



Leads the team in shooting percentage and scoring average through 3 games.


Not too shabby for a DNP benchwarmer.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.