Archived Topic

BYU #1 in the Nation in Free Throw Shooting %

by Mars · 12/8/2009

Advertisement
M
Mars
Free-Throw Percentage 1st (82.7)



Turnovers Per Game 8th (10.7)



Scoring Margin 8th (21.6)



Turnover Margin 11th (6.3)



Assist Turnover Ratio 18th (1.43)



3-Point Field-Goal Pct 21st (41.8)



Field-Goal Pct Defense 22nd (36.9)



Steals Per Game 30th (9.7)



Field-Goal Percentage 32nd (48.3)



Scoring Defense 32nd (59.0)



Scoring Offense 32nd (80.6)



Won-Lost Percentage 36th (85.7)



3-Point Field Goals/Game 48th (8.0)



Assists Per Game 75th (15.3)



Personal Fouls Per Game 107th (17.7)



Rebound Margin 118th (3.0)



Blocked Shots Per Game 126th (3.7)



Three Pt FG Defense 164th (33.7)



http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=8954395
M
Mars
"Individually, BYU has the following players ranked in the national Top 25--



Jimmer Fredette: Free throw percentage (23rd; 93.0%)



Jackson Emery: Three point field goal percentage (8th; 52.6%)



Jackson Emery: Steals per game (22nd; 2.7/gm)



--



By the way, Fredette has hit on 27 consecutive free throws; the BYU record is 32 in a row, by Michael Smith."



http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=8954395
B
BroncoBot
Mars wrote:
"Individually, BYU has the following players ranked in the national Top 25--



Jimmer Fredette: Free throw percentage (23rd; 93.0%)



Jackson Emery: Three point field goal percentage (8th; 52.6%)



Jackson Emery: Steals per game (22nd; 2.7/gm)



--



By the way, Fredette has hit on 27 consecutive free throws; the BYU record is 32 in a row, by Michael Smith."



http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=8954395


I heard during the SF game that Loyd is shooting 71 percent this year from the field!!!!!!!! :bug:

And his 3pt shooting is 70%. That's unreal, I don't care if he's only taken 15 shots, that's still crazy percentages.



He must not take enough shots (or play enough minutes) to qualify as a stat leader.
K
kiwibacon
Mars wrote:



--



By the way, Fredette has hit on 27 consecutive free throws; the BYU record is 32 in a row, by Michael Smith."



http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=8954395


Fredette broke the BYU record tonight against ASU.
I
Italics
This is a HUGE improvement over last year. I'm not saying our FT's were bad last year, but I remember them hurting us in a lot of games. People truly do GROSSLY underestimate the importance of FT's. Good FT shooting is the difference between a championship team, and a team that loses in the first round of the dance.
Advertisement
Y
Yndian
And we went 23-25 tonight to up that percentage even more!
J
JamieVallen
[quote="Mars"]Free-Throw Percentage 1st (82.7)



UN-FREAKINBELIEVABLE!!!!!! That's quite a change from last year, and honestly thought that it was a typo or something when I read Greg Wrubell's blog and saw that. Question though, "Will it last?...."
M
Mars
declocoug wrote:
I heard during the SF game that Loyd is shooting 71 percent this year from the field!!!!!!!! :bug: And his 3pt shooting is 70%. That's unreal, I don't care if he's only taken 15 shots, that's still crazy percentages. He must not take enough shots (or play enough minutes) to qualify as a stat leader.

He was 1-3 today BTW, 0-2 from three-point range.
B
BroncoBot
way to go Loyd. :sulk:
S
Sammich
If someone told me last year we'd have this stat with Chris Miles still on our team, I'd have told them they were crazy. But even with the limited minutes he's playing he's doing pretty good.
Advertisement
B
beauso79
Isn't Miles shooting like 70% from the charity stripe this year??
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.